My Plastering. :d

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshwizard

Honorary Life Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P3170013.jpg

P3200023.jpg

P3300010.jpg

P2250107.jpg

P3150005.jpg

P2210002.jpg

P3150002.jpg

P1090053.jpg

P1090049.jpg

P1090006.jpg

I hope thats not a cooker switch over the cooker ?
It is, Mate. Put there by the council. and after I platered and painted it all (all my plastering thorughout the house), the council sent in NIC Electrical Contractors, who rewired the whole house and put trunking and surface mounted S/Os etc, EVERYWHERE.

We cook on Gas - that Cooker switch is now the Isolator for my 3 core 6mm

That's exactly what I said to the Missus. :_|
Well you will have to tell here she can't have all of her Doctor Who pictures on your bedroom wall! :) :) ; \ ; \ ; \ ]:)

Is the Cyberman a picture? photo of you? or is it a mirror while you were taking the picture?? ]:) ] :) ]:) :p :p

I`ll give you a job plastering for me!
Not for me, you cant even put the plasterboard on the right way round.

There is a clue written on plasterboard, it says " plaster or decorate other side".

Not for me, you cant even put the plasterboard on the right way round.There is a clue written on plasterboard, it says " plaster or decorate other side".
Does it really, Nicky? Where can you see that then?

I assume from that comment that you know what happens if the wrong side is plastered?

(Yes, thanks. I do)

Not for me, you cant even put the plasterboard on the right way round.There is a clue written on plasterboard, it says " plaster or decorate other side".
The first thing they teach plaster students is always put the plaster board - shiney side up. (I have a dvd to back that up too).

Exactly the same as my plasterer friends have said. It sticks better.

Have you got any plasterer friends you could ask Nicky? It does not say the words that you mention either - words to that effect disappeared YEARS ago.

Keep up with the times Man.

Have a Good Day,

Admin.

it depends on what finish you are going to put on it to what way round you put the plasterboard on.

so says a lifelong friend of mine and plasterer of 20+yrs.

Dont worry I can plaster like a good-un, Ive done my full house and extension, fit the CH, hung all the doors and frames,the lot, all to an exceedingly high standard if I say so myself.

My brother in law is a plasterer builder for a good 20 years and he does the same, puts it all on back to front. I say why do you do that then, it doesnt make any difference he replys, so again, why do you do that then if it doesnt make any difference. Its just the way ive always done it.

Basically, this is the way somebody else taught him to do it 20 years ago who also didnot know why he puts it on back to front, and now he teaches other people himself to put it up back to front. It is just one of these urban tradesmen myths that get passed on through the years.

Can anybody show me any trade literature that explains the benefits of skimming the wrong side, no, I didnot think so.

And ADMIN, next time your in B&Q have a look at the plasterboard and see if it is still written, " plaster or decorate other side", im sure you will find it is.

Ive just found this on the British Gypsum site.

Most standard plasterboard has one ivory face and one brown. The liner on the ivory face is specially designed for plastering, plaster should not be applied to the brown reverse face. Paper liners are generally made from recycled paper a big plus for the environment.

1 nil to me I think!

Dont worry I can plaster like a good-un, Ive done my full house and extension, fit the CH, hung all the doors and frames,the lot, all to an exceedingly high standard if I say so myself.My brother in law is a plasterer builder for a good 20 years and he does the same, puts it all on back to front. I say why do you do that then, it doesnt make any difference he replys, so again, why do you do that then if it doesnt make any difference. Its just the way ive always done it.

Basically, this is the way somebody else taught him to do it 20 years ago who also didnot know why he puts it on back to front, and now he teaches other people himself to put it up back to front. It is just one of these urban tradesmen myths that get passed on through the years.

Can anybody show me any trade literature that explains the benefits of skimming the wrong side, no, I didnot think so.

And ADMIN, next time your in B&Q have a look at the plasterboard and see if it is still written, " plaster or decorate other side", im sure you will find it is.
Don't use B&Q - too expensive mate. ; \

:^O B&Q = Bull**** & Qualityless.

I know there is no such word, I just made it up okay. ;)