my post has gone

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheese

Reaction score
it has gone, i guess it cant have been electrician talk. what a load of sheet. I posted it a couple of areas as the problem with this place as opposed to screwball is that there is so many sub sections there is no place where everyone hangs out so i dont know where will get the most hits. Note to the forum - get rid of the subsections - keep some but 4 at most - i mean a section for pictures?? Let them get posted in talk like screwball. Good idea to have section for training but you should bin half of em, will be for the good of the place i guarantee you X(

it has gone, i guess it cant have been electrician talk. what a load of sheet. I posted it a couple of areas as the problem with this place as opposed to screwball is that there is so many sub sections there is no place where everyone hangs out so i dont know where will get the most hits. Note to the forum - get rid of the subsections - keep some but 4 at most - i mean a section for pictures?? Let them get posted in talk like screwball. Good idea to have section for training but you should bin half of em, will be for the good of the place i guarantee you X(
The main contributors to this forum will check new posts over all the sub-sections.

Sorry to see you don't like it, however most of us have come here because SF has deteriorated over recent months. :(

would agree with Mr S,

and I think the pics is good, stops the forum getting clogged up with this and that.

its a forum for electricians, and their general interests at work (and believe it or not some of us have a life outside work as well)

i like the sections cos u dont have to trawl thru pages of stuff to find the post ur looking for.

as for the other site, they have far more sub sections, only they call them electrician chat(or should that be children spitting dummy chat?), joiner chat, builder chat etc......

The main contributors to this forum will check new posts over all the sub-sections. :(
Yes..... :)

You only need to click on the new posts bit on the top bar then you can quickly view any posts you want, going straight to the relevant subsection without a problem!

All very quick & easy:DB)

whats more you dont have to trawl though loads of garbage/spam/agruing to find what you are looking for? :|

I cant agree, there are defo too many sections. Too many spoil the broth. You have to keep constantly moving around. QandA section? Thats electricians talk. It will liven this place up and give it a shot in the arm. It wont fall into disrepute because it has more moderation so the peeps who just post to cause trouble wont come here. Some healthy arguing is fine and i hope this aint too heavily modded as too much is as bad as too little.

Less sections please. I am convinced it will be for the better. At least q and a in talk, its the q and a that generates the talk.

Its not that i dont like it Sworld i just find it hard work

Without being synical

If you cant find what your looking for on this site with the sub headings

How do you find yr way round the regs book ????

just a thought

Morning Cheese,

The reason that I deleted two of your posts, was because you had three duplicates in total, of the same thread.

As said already, the threads are checked daily by the majority of members, guests and search engines etc.

I personally don't think that there are too many sub-forums. They are easy to locate. If I add Electrician talk with Q&A, I will have complaints then that people have to trawl through a lot of chit chit to try and get their answer etc.

One way to tell, before posting, which thread gets the most hits and replies, is to look down the right hand side and it will tell you exactly how how hits and posts it has had.

I am open to all suggestions on the running of this forum. If you have any suggestions at all, please feel free to post then in the "New Sub-Forum Idea" section. (that includes everything).

Regards,

Admin.

(Sorry I had to keep it brief - I have to pop out).

Without being synicalIf you cant find what your looking for on this site with the sub headings

How do you find yr way round the regs book ????

just a thought
Course i can find my way round the regs and this forum you turkey :^O , i am on about making this place easy to use and MOST IMPORTANTLY i thought to everone on this place, to make it popular and livley. As it is now it will just be a information forum and will become mundane and quiet like others with few reply to threads because there is so many dotted about and in different places. It hard to remember where you posted. Others WILL be having this problem but wont tell you about it and peeps will endup on screwball. I am not having a go but i am right on this one. If you dont want to heed my advice then its you forum that will suffer. Why not run a poll at the main page - not a debate - just a poll. Something like "are there too many sub sections making the forum hard to navigate and not encouraging chat in one place" Yes/no

:p

cheese when u post on other place do you also multiple post on builders forum, painters forum etc.? :^O :^O:^O

or do you just enjoy trawling thru pages of pure drivel and childish arguments to find that the one sensible post you made has been turned into a slanging match?

thats why we are all here, sick and tired of ar5eholes and wanted to have a sensible place to discuss stoopid questions and topics,

like how not to electrocute somebody thick enough to drill thru a 10mm shower cable....

cheese when u post on other place do you also multiple post on builders forum, painters forum etc.? :^O :^O:^Oor do you just enjoy trawling thru pages of pure drivel and childish arguments to find that the one sensible post you made has been turned into a slanging match?

thats why we are all here, sick and tired of ar5eholes and wanted to have a sensible place to discuss stoopid questions and topics,

like how not to electrocute somebody thick enough to drill thru a 10mm shower cable....
:^O like it Al. :^O

I honestly fail to understand the mentality here. I`m serious now; not sarcastic or anything. If any of the "usual gang" made a suggestion like that, and there were a series of responses against it; I`m of the impression that it would just get dropped like a hot rock.

Instead, the sort of wallaby actions from the "other place" seem to come to the fore. (And, yes, my sarcasm probably didn`t help (I know, but I have a problem controlling that)). However, that notwithstanding, what is the proposed eventual outcome of the (multiple) o/p? If I go into a restaurant which serves Italian food, and I don`t like anything on the menu.....I`d go somewhere else. (my apologies for any offence given Mr. Don, sir.). Not start ranting at all and sundry that they should serve this instead of that `cos I don`t like it!!!!!

As a postscript - Do you ever notice that those who like to "give it" are quite often incapable of taking it. Strangely though, hadn`t seen that attitude on here until tonight! I`m saddened. :(

cheese when u post on other place do you also multiple post on builders forum, painters forum etc.? :^O :^O:^Oor do you just enjoy trawling thru pages of pure drivel and childish arguments to find that the one sensible post you made has been turned into a slanging match?

What are you talking about? If i have a lecky question i post in in lecky - why on earth would i post it in builders?? What i suggested was sensible. It seems like you lot dont understand what i meant and have taken it as some personal attack on your status. As for slanging matches on screwball, i have had plenty of good advice from there off sine, lucia and lectrician to name the most prominent, non of whom frequent this place much??????

As for you KME you throw insult at me for nothing.

???????? insult ???????

Read carefully Mr. Cheese, as this is the last reply I shall make to you on this subject. I refuse to perpetuate this asinine idiocy.

Having just carefully checked back on last night`s postings, I`m afraid I can find no point at which I insulted you or inferred anything which warranted your response. If you took offence at anything I posted, I fail to understand how. (or even what.)

However, I will say that if you DID manage to feel insulted over anything I said, I apologise for that. Such was not, or has ever been or even will be my reason for a post.

My understanding of the events is this:

1. You make a suggestion.

2. It becomes obvious no-one else shares your POV of the matter.

3. You become somewhat belligerant.

4. I and others take pains to explain why we don`t agree with your POV.

5. You become offensive.

Now, if you would excuse me, I shall continue about my business on this forum. Unless there is an improvement in your attitude during postings, this will be the final response you recieve from me (purely because I do not wish to accidentally cause offence again)

You can blabber you smart lingo with me if you want kme but remember you are just talking to a spark and it dont wash, but i didnt come here wanting trouble fact. i just said it was too split to create a real tight community with a livley atmos. You boys take offence fine. This forum will be a excellent info tool but i thought the peeps at the top wanted to create a livley screwball atmos but with any fool turning up modded quickly and removed if need be. I pointed out this wont be in the current format with any type of different question carefully sub sectioned off under its own title. For that i have been shot down with a "your not welcome" feel to it and a joke comment ( rigged ) jumped on with almost autistic style responses - talk about taking yourselvs too seriously. Then you post someting along the lines of the loonys are taking over and some crack about a straight jacket. Forgive me for not quoting the post but i cant be bothered trawling for it. That is was what i took offence at - that is what i considered insulting, jibed at for trying to make constructive input.

Time will tell. :p

What are you talking about? If i have a lecky question i post in in lecky - why on earth would i post it in builders?? What i suggested was sensible. It seems like you lot dont understand what i meant and have taken it as some personal attack on your status. As for slanging matches on screwball, i have had plenty of good advice from there off sine, lucia and lectrician to name the most prominent, non of whom frequent this place much?????? As for you KME you throw insult at me for nothing.
I havent been for ages now cheese, but the only advice i have saw from luccia was quoting the regs, now correct me if Im wrong, but thats not advice, and if you need the regs quoted to you then your not a spark!!!

as for taking ourselves too seriously, have you really looked thru the forum?

thought not, we just dont want the spitting dummys that happen elsewhere.!

and if you have a spark Q then thats where you post it, not in builders forum, or in pictures, self explanatory really,

same as I dont post a question about wiring a telephone point in the for sale section, how is it so difficult to work put which section to put your post in,?

FFS, are you a f ***** inbred hick? Im getting more and more convinced SF is just one big family of ,,,,,

yessireee my mammas my sister and my papas my auntie too,

get back under yar f ***** stone.! X(X( X(

Time will tell. :p
Never has a truer word been spoken.

WK, I only sussed you out due to the quick reply on SF about'10,000 sub-forums', nothing to do with multiple posts.

I don't understand about using different forum names when you know about the cross over that will happen between here and SF.

Personally, if you want to post here you're welcome but be honest about it, I am.

We're trying to build a better 'society' here, a place that questions can be asked without the usual cr*p that happens elsewhere.

Constructive criticism, I'm sure, will be welcomed. However I don't want ****ging matches and due to the difference in moderation here you will be barred if that happens (I would think).

Come back with your 'real' posting name and I'll accept you. I will ask you questions about house electrics and if you need answers about 3 phase, industrial, temporary supplies, exhibition supplies or PA/LX stuff I will answer to the best of my ability.

It's all a two way street.

Please.

Mate :)