napit 2 day free course

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stringy

Reaction score
evening all

i spoke to napit today im thinking of joining either them or nic, anyway they said if i joined them i would have to gain my 2391 within 12-18 months.

i was planning on doing my 2392 instead, but they insist on the 2391

anyway the woman said i can do a free 2 day course with them and gain a napit 2391 qualifcation.

has anybody done the course or know more information about what it involves?

thanks in advance

evening alli spoke to napit today im thinking of joining either them or nic, anyway they said if i joined them i would have to gain my 2391 within 12-18 months.

i was planning on doing my 2392 instead, but they insist on the 2391

anyway the woman said i can do a free 2 day course with them and gain a napit 2391 qualifcation.

has anybody done the course or know more information about what it involves?

thanks in advance
Think you will find that it is recognised by Napit only.

You really need City & Guilds 2391

right then....

this is how i see it correct me if im wrong lol

all i want to do is test domestic no commercial or industrial, so if i do the 2392 i will be tested on single phase domestic install.

if i do the 2391 i will have to test 3 phase which i have hardly any dealings with.

so from my point of view it makes sense to do the 2392, the only down fall being about periodics.

so with the napit free 2day napit 2391 it seems great for me

waiting to be shot down now haha

I paid Napit over the phone today and took the plunge. See how it goes.

I do mainly domestic work but am planning to do my 2391.

Will let you know what they are like and how my assessment goes etc.

With regards periodics, just sign them off on a green cert. They arent notifiable.

right then....this is how i see it correct me if im wrong lol

all i want to do is test domestic no commercial or industrial, so if i do the 2392 i will be tested on single phase domestic install.

if i do the 2391 i will have to test 3 phase which i have hardly any dealings with.

so from my point of view it makes sense to do the 2392, the only down fall being about periodics.

so with the napit free 2day napit 2391 it seems great for me

waiting to be shot down now haha
You don't need any of these to carry out testing, but you will find it difficult trying to gain testing work without being fully NICEIC enrolled. Unfortunately its a fact of life.

One thing you are taught in all these courses is, having the qualification does not make you competent, which is all BS7671 mentions. Only time can do this. There was a court case (but i am not sure if this set a precedence) and i think 3 months minimum experience in full time testing was mentioned

yeah i have heard of this before, you have to some how prove to be competant, and i guess the best way is to have the 2391 and experience of testing.

they say that the 2392 is like a stepping stone onto the 2391 say i think the best thing would be to do the 2392 and then get some experience under my belt then proceed onto the big 2391.

thanks

hi all, ive just been reading this thread, i am in the same situation at the moment, i havnt got my 2391 and just about to apply for napit registration (used to be di wit nic). I can test very good and have always tested since day 1 even in my apprenticship, been testing all my work etc for years & years so i would consider myself as competant.

Once enrolled with napit i will also be asked for my 2391 but will definatly do this course to gain the napit 2391. Im not understanding why i would need to get my city & guilds 2391 when i can do this course with napit which will enable me to sign all my work of from domestic-commercial-industrial. I no having 2391 is a good qualification to have but i realy cant see the point in me getting it when i can get registered with napit and sign all work my work off. most of my work is domestic.

please advise me if im missing somthing apart from nic-eic being more recognised ets etc which i cant see it being like that forever as councils from were i live are starting to use napit registered companies now.

cheersGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

hi mate

the only down side i can see is if you decide to leave napit to join another scheme then the 2391 you got through napit will be void.

i know that with the nic domestic installer scheme you cant do a periodic even if you have your 2391.. you have to have another morning assesment with them

hi matethe only down side i can see is if you decide to leave napit to join another scheme then the 2391 you got through napit will be void.

i know that with the nic domestic installer scheme you cant do a periodic even if you have your 2391.. you have to have another morning assesment with them
ye i had the periodic privliges... i would just probably stay with napit, and if i did ever join another scheme i would do my 2391 before i left

be worth asking napit if you decide to join what this 2day test or trial is all about

sounds good being free

be worth asking napit if you decide to join what this 2day test or trial is all aboutsounds good being free
well to be honest if it saves me having to do my 2391 im not bothered what it involves, at some point i will do my 2391 but as yet not got any plans to do it. just come out a partnership and back on my own again so need to get registered quickly. napit for me is as good as nic and providing there own sort of 2391 imo is a good thing to be offering as it makes things easier. like said before 2391 is good to have but the napit version is easier and you can still do all the things a nic member can

That's not correct. You can carry out periodic inspections without any qualifications and without belonging to any scheme, however you will be asked all the time 'are you NICEIC registered'. The NIC can not stop non fully enrolled members carrying out inspections but they will not let you use the NIC logo unless fully enrolled. That's why they sell the forms without the logo to anybody.

the napit 2391 has a time out 3 years i think so do the napit free course use napit 2391

for pirs get the practice book cg 2391 bobs your uncle

the napit 2391 has a time out 3 years i think so do the napit free course use napit 2391for pirs get the practice book cg 2391 bobs your uncle
I beleive the 3 year time out is correct as they said that you must sit it again after 3 years.

How can you sit the same City & Guilds qualification again when you allready have it?