Need help with CV for apprenticeship.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnhbydersrejhkjhkn

Reaction score
Hello, 

So basically I have little to no experience in electrics but I find it very interesting. I'm currently working on my CV. At the moment I'm doing my personal statement and I'm not quite sure what to put. I will put a draft down below and if there's anything to improve please let me know.

--

I am a recent school leaver and after some consideration, I have decided that I would like to pursue a career in the electrical industry. I am a physically fit and young individual who is very keen and willing to listen and learn. I am very motivated to improve and better myself. As I previously worked in a hotel I have experience in working in a team. I was trusted to be reliable as I had to close down some days. As I worked as a waiter I had to be able to communicate well with customers and staff.  I am currently also working towards getting my drivers license. I have done some very basic DIY work in the house with my dad in the past such as replacing plugs and installing appliances.

--

That's all I have so far, I haven't left school yet as I still have one year left but I am hoping to leave if I get a position. 

You need to list the subjects you are doing for your GCSE’s
I'm using a website called My World of Work because that's where I started my CV in around S3. It lists all my nat5 qualifications. Would I still put them in the personal statement aswell?

I'm using a website called My World of Work because that's where I started my CV in around S3. It lists all my nat5 qualifications. Would I still put them in the personal statement aswell?
fair enough, so not in the personal statement.  dinosaurs like me think of CVS as 2 pages of A4!

a personal statement will take many drafts to get right, so keep focused and seek help from people close to you, but also ask at school too.

be positive and don’t let the bumps in the road get you down

fair enough, so not in the personal statement.  dinosaurs like me think of CVS as 2 pages of A4!

a personal statement will take many drafts to get right, so keep focused and seek help from people close to you, but also ask at school too.

Thank you! I will make sure to get help and feedback from my family and school.

Even 2 pages is a lot for a CV.... anything more and it won't be read, it's meant to just show the highlights,,,, not be War an Peace

--

I am a recent school leaver and after some consideration, I have decided that I would like to pursue a career in the electrical industry.............

--

That's all I have so far, I haven't left school yet as I still have one year left but I am hoping to leave if I get a position. 

?   :C

16 year olds can’t just leave school unless they go to a job with training included, so your is probably correct
This was just a first draft and I've removed that bit now. In Scotland there is no sixth form and you could leave at 16 without a job they just discourage it.