New Armeg Competition

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armeg UK

Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi TEF, I thought it was time for another Armeg competition so here goes!

Up for grabs this time is one of our brand new extended roofing bolt drivers. Information on this innovative product can be found at the following link

https://www.armeg.com/news/2022/04/19/new-addition-100mm-impact-rated-roofing-bolt-driver/

For anyone using roofing bolts on a regular basis this is a fantastic addition to their tool kit. It is an extended version of our existing roofing bolt driver which was invented by an electrician and manufactured by us at Armeg HQ. It has received rave reviews amongst end users.

For a chance to win one please DM me the answer to the following question.

The Armeg roofing bolt driver was invented by an electrician. Can you tell me his name?

As with other Armeg competitions in the past a good source of information is the 'news' tab on our website and its not always the 'latest' news. ;)

I'll give you a while to enter this so I'll run the competition until Wednesday 15th June. All entries up until 8am on that day will be counted and I'll announce the winner shortly afterwards.

Good luck!

Phil.

Should we as industry be using poorly manufactured roofing nuts and bolts, correctly size machined screws or bolts far superior

Should we as industry be using poorly manufactured roofing nuts and bolts, correctly size machined screws or bolts far superior
I suppose it is economics, I started in the industry in 1981 and roofing bolts have been getting used certainaly since I started where a proper machine screw and nut is not required, as in fastening long runs of cable tray together. For the cable trays runs we would use vast quantities of roofers and would be signed and issued out of the stores in standard stock quantities of boxes of 200 where as an M6 machine screw and nut would be standard stock quantities of one so you would probably be only taking out 12 at a time.
All comes down to cost and requirements.

Morning TEF'ers!

As promised, today is the day to draw the winner.

The random number generator has spoken and the winner is........

@kerching

You've finally won something Kerch!!

PM me with a postal address and I'll get it sent out.

Commiserations to all the others who entered, I'll sort out another competition soon :)

Phil.

If it was faultY would you risk it,? lol

Pick picky Mac Picky!

It was fat finger syndrome, sorry.
However later on when I became a Trimix Instuctor I also qualified as Factory trained service technician for some of the biggest manufacturers ....so I could have fixed it, I would just have to wait for a few years
I love reading these words of wisdom from you young codgers.... I bought my first house for £2,000 at the age of 18, too young to sign for it, parents stood guarantee... The average house price was 3 times the average salary. My upgrade was to install a gas back boiler to the gas miser fire...I learnt to dive with a single stage twin hose regulator, no contents guage, it just got harder to breathe as the air got low, pop up a bit and got a bit easier... No depth guage coz the bottles were too small....but we could afford it...kids today have my sympathy... they see all this stuff but the majority will never achieve it....

The problem is we are expected to believe that houses are worth so much money, ask the Ukrainians if theirs are worth anything now?
Nobody has yet explained to me how a house that was built 40-50-60 years ago is worth hundreds of thousands now? If it cost £3000 back then when built then that’s it’s true value anything above that is purely smoke and mirrors deception. But we like idiots (lambs to the slaughter) keep buying the misguided house prices. ??

I’ve never understood why so much emphasis is put into buying a house?
You buy something that does nothing for you, you can’t take with you and spend most of your life doing little else to cover the mortgage, life is about living not merely existing. Perhaps this is why there are so many people with ‘Mental Health Issues’ they are being put, either by themselves or by the social acceptance, under far too much stress and pressure?

J valve or K valve?
No idea... It was an A clamp on an upright valve... We had twin 20 cu ft and single 40 cu ft bottles filled to 1500 psi. My first kit was bought in 1969 .. spirotechnique bottle with reserve and Spiro 8 single hose reg.... Those were the days!

No idea... It was an A clamp on an upright valve... We had twin 20 cu ft and single 40 cu ft bottles filled to 1500 psi. My first kit was bought in 1969 .. spirotechnique bottle with reserve and Spiro 8 single hose reg.... Those were the days!
Sorry about posting twice... funny how I can remember those details from 50 years ago but can't remember why I came into the kitchen...