New EV charging?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not unusual in London, I have seen a few like and similar to that. No idea how they pay for it though.

Wasn't there some legislation introduced that 1 in every 4 new lamp posts has to have an EV charging point

Never seen such crap... That [the idea of bits of cable across pavements] will last until someone falls over over and is badly hurt or the cable gets damaged and someone is electrocuted..

What about blind people making their way along?? What about in the dark?? What about mothers with prams?? It is a criminal offence to obstruct a pavement anyway..

Wait and see when the lawyers get going..

john..

Councils will stop leads trailing ,Like you pointed out training leads not safe. It's funny as I watched a couple of electricians makeing YouTube videos and installing chargers knowing that the leads would trail across a public foot path. I would not have fitted the chargers as I would have a duty of care. I can see over head drops deemed safer. This aside they predict power cuts this winter so all those green people who took EVs and heat pumps to save the planet will have no electric or restricted access to power the ev or heat pumps to heat your home's

They're quite common in London boroughs now, one of the main ones in streetlight columns that I know of are Ubertricity.

The doors are converted and then the inside upgraded with RCBOs and the supply changed from TNC-S to a TT via an earth mat.

Latest posts