New Guy After Your Advice...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RumbleAndSway

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new here! My name's Matt, I'm 26, I recently left working on helicopters as a Avionic/Electrical technician for 7 years to go more into the DNO, low voltage substation side of the electrical industry and I'm enjoying it so far.

I have 2393 building regs and 2382 17th edition, now I realise totally that doesn't make me a real electrician but was wondering if anyone think it's possible for me to take on a bit of domestic work? I really don't like sitting on my butt at home at the weekends/evenings when I'm not doing my full time job (I think I need an excuse to get away from the girlfriend)

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on buying a multi tester? I wanted to try and keep costs down and was looking at the Seaward PowerTest 1557 as I notice the Fluke and Meggar in this price range don't AUTO RCD test.

Any advice is greatly appreciated and perhaps any advice on where's best to buy one?

Thanks a lot for reading.

Canoeboy said:
Link in my signature, Megger Mark at will do you the best deal

and

to the forum mad house

Thanks for the advice guys!

Read a few good things about Megger Mark! Is it possible to contact him some other way? I'm still a new guy with limited privileges on here (i.e. no personal messaging)

Cheers!