New Job

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgaw81

Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't posted for while, been mainly passing thru.

I start new job tomorrow, looking forward to it, however i was there on friday for van and a chat.

I thought i was going to start as an electrician, a step back from my current manager role, but i was looking forward to it. Was planning to make good bonus, however the work is installing storage heating (sh** work), so I get there on Friday and was asked if i would like a supervisors (shirt and tie job). Don't know what to do, was really looking to get back on the tools and earn some good money for the ever growing family. But i suppose the offer of supervisor is still tempting, (easier, clean etc). but the wages would be capped, some bonus, but not as much as the sparks could make.

What do i do? By the way the sparks are earning

I know the route i want to go, and the lure of the money may be to good to turn away,may try and agree on a bit of both.

Depends on what you like really, i prefer tools cos the day goes faster, its more interesting, more freedom etc.

First day finished, 13hrs home - home.

Was a combi of both tools and pen pushing. Got a full day on the tools tomorrow and the rest of the week pen pushing. So will see how this week goes.

On a plus note have been offered a day at the football, Motherwell verus The Mighty Celtic, all expensive paid. The full works 5 course meal and drinks before game and drinks after, its a "business" day!! Perk of the shirt and tie side of the job.