New mature C&G 2330 Student! Hello all!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjastealth

Reaction score
Hello guys, just a little introduction: I am a 28 year old male and I have just commenced a 2 year part time city and guilds 2330 Electrical Installation course at my local college.

My tutor has suggested that I undertake a 3 day City and Guilds 2377 Certificate for PAT testing and start working straight away as a PAT tester whilst I study for the 2330 which will take 2 years to complete. Is this good advice??

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards. ;)

Hi, If you are not in the trade already, then it can be a way of gaining a little experience in my opinion, But do try and get into the trade.

I started at college part-time doing the C&G2360 when I was 33, but had an advantage of being in the trade(family Business), a lot of others there who were in their 20's/30's did not and were having a hard time getting into the trade due to the fact that they had no experience but also required a wage to match their financial commitments.

Pat testing bored me to tears...

Welcome Ninja, have to dispute your claim to be mature student. HEhe your nowt but a spring chicken, fresh out of nappies compared to me!!!!!!!!!!! Mature in outlook maybe but in years never. Blushing

Welcome to the forum.

I too am a mature student. Started last September, approaching 33. :)

Thank you Mike, maybe I just feel old! lol. Im married with Three children and have been a Serving Police Officer for the past 7 years, its all taken it's toll! lol ,and I guess I just feel like a mature student because most of the guys on my course are very very young lads!

Thanks to everyone for the the warm welcome and the advice given.

Regards.

and have been a Serving Police Officer for the past 7 years
Uh oh guys! Stash the copper from that railway job we did! :^O

Welcome to the forum mate. :)

Steptoe - Hide the scrap!!! :^O :^O:^O

Afternoon Ninja & Mr S.

Thank you Mike, maybe I just feel old! lol. Im married with Three children and have been a Serving Police Officer for the past 7 years, its all taken it's toll! lol ,and I guess I just feel like a mature student because most of the guys on my course are very very young lads!Thanks to everyone for the the warm welcome and the advice given.

Regards.
Not tell you how long I was a police officer for!!!! ;) If I did everyone would go hiding and never speak to me again and I did like it here. My college had a mixture of kids and even older people than me who had no real interest in electrics other than it was a course for them to do in an evening. Ended up virtually studing on me own.

See steptoe's gone hiding N his yard his all empty :^O