New testing software

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulFerrier

Banned Spammer ID 2 of 2
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this new software? Was wondering if it's any good?

My brother passed me the web address, and he says the technical forum is quite good

the web address is pirform.co.uk

I see that you aint a member on there. - Why?

IMO there is no better place for techy info than the place that you have just registered on (here).

Hi I registered earlier but forgot to confirm my email address!!

By the looks of things it looks fairly new, not too many posts, but the answers all seem to come from the site itself, if that makes sense.

I've had a really good on this forum, and there's some excellent help. I'll keep checking back in the future.

Has anyone else seen this new software? Was wondering if it's any good?My brother passed me the web address, and he says the technical forum is quite goodthe web address is pirform.co.uk
Nope.. haven't seen the software...

and looking at the price

I thought it was fairly well priced, considering the other options out there, especially the ongoing costs. Amtech is a fortune and Formfill is absolutely awful. It wouyld be nicwe to see some screenshots though, get a better look at it.

I thought it was fairly well priced, considering the other options out there, especially the ongoing costs. Amtech is a fortune and Formfill is absolutely awful. It wouyld be nicwe to see some screenshots though, get a better look at it.
Its all proportional to how many PIR's you do...

cuz this from what I read.. ONLY does PIR' forms.. NO EIC or MWC??

which I thought some of the others did

e.g.

http://www.amtech-power.co.uk/product_18.htm

this Amtech domestic option is

True enough, that's why I posted originally, before I realised it wasn't out yet. I've asked a question on their forum if it will be doing EIC's etc etc.

I'll post back here when they reply.

Here is the official answer from PIRform (pretty quick too)

PaulFerrier wrote:

As the name suggests, this software will carry out Periodics, but what aboutt the other forms, Electrical Installation Certificates and Minor Works? Will it do those too?

PIRform's reply:

Yes, on initial release, PIRform will carry the following

1. Periodic Inspection Report (for use on all types of installations)

2. Minor Works Certificate (for use on all types of installations)

3. Electrical Installation Certificate (for use on all types of installations)

4. Domestic Electrical Installation Certifcate

5. Domestic Periodic Inspection Report

6. Domestic Visual Condition Report

The rest of the less frequently used forms will follow after release.

Thank you for raising this point, we will update the website accordingly to make this clear.

The FAQ page can be found here, where information on types or form are.

I had to take out the url, as it won't let me post it here, but it's on the FAQ page.

I see that you aint a member on there. - Why?IMO there is no better place for techy info than the place that you have just registered on (here).
I'll second that Sparks1963.Applaud Smiley

I feel we've been talking about a different product here, and as for those who havent even used, or owned other software, your opinion counts for nothing with all respect.

Personally, I'd be happy to pay

Sounds like spam to me.....very defensive
Lol yes I suppose it does, apologies.

It isn't even available yet, so I don't know why I got so involved to be honest, just don't appreciate poor advice, which is why I joined here in the first place.

I see that you aint a member on there. - Why?IMO there is no better place for techy info than the place that you have just registered on (here).
Not so far it ain't

Lol yes I suppose it does, apologies.It isn't even available yet, so I don't know why I got so involved to be honest, just don't appreciate poor advice, which is why I joined here in the first place.

Not so far it ain't
Why Not? Because we aren't all running over there to buy it? The guys have given you their views on it. The price is enough for them.

There are plenty of places to buy software from. :D

Easycert seems to popular.

But how can you judge something and give advice on it when you don't know all the facts. And to compare something to products that people havent even used is even worse.

I couldn't give advice on whether the new Fiesta is any better than the Clio because I havent used either of them.

I'm not saying go and buy it (you can't anyway yet) I was looking for some advice prior to learning it isn't out yet. To some people (me included), price is not an issue if I feel a product is worth it.

Paul, Let me ask you a straight question...

Do you own, have shares in or have anything to do with that company or its owner/s.

I was looking for some advice prior to learning it isn't out yet.
By the looks of things it looks fairly new, not too many posts, but the answers all seem to come from the site itself, if that makes sense.
You wouldn't go to a ford dealer to ask advice on a new (not out yet) Ferrari - Would you?

I don't wish to be rude, Paul - But it sounds like Spam to me Mate!

To be honest, I didn't look at it properly either before I posted here, I joined their forum but forgot to validate my email address (which is why I posted here first), I never expected to create such a fuss, and I wish I'd never asked now.

I'm sure it does look like spam, but the company who is making it is respectable, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't employ spammers or use such a lame attempt to generate some business.

When I said it looks farly new, I meant the forum as you can see, it's hardly awash with posts is it?

To answer your question, no I'm not involved with the company in any way, please feel free to contact them and ask them.

I have however put a couple of posts on their forum, which is as far as my association with PIRform goes.

Paul, it is very easy for the experienced forum user to detect spamming.

There is a big difference between a mention and a hype, so to speak.

Your views do seem to indicate a bias towards this product, however having viewed the web site myself I think it is overly priced, compared with more readily available software.

regards

The Godfather

But how can you judge something and give advice on it when you don't know all the facts. And to compare something to products that people havent even used is even worse.I couldn't give advice on whether the new Fiesta is any better than the Clio because I havent used either of them.

I'm not saying go and buy it (you can't anyway yet) I was looking for some advice prior to learning it isn't out yet. To some people (me included), price is not an issue if I feel a product is worth it.
So answer your first question in relation to your last sentence???

It appears PaulFerrier is able to judge a non available product based purely on cost..

but other qualified electricians are not able to make the same judgement???

tis a bit confusing indeed???

What part of the electrical industry do you work in?

Commercial/Industrial/Domestic?

how many certs do your have to compile per week/month/year?

what are your current ongoing costs to provide these certs?

IMO ANY electrician who is regularly doing certs...

be it 1 a week... 50 a week... 1 a month .. 200 a month

or whatever.. is more than capable of making a judgement on the value of a new product that provides this same service...

which I assume any logically minded person would agree with?

Remember an electrical certificate at the end of the day is just a bit of text document with suitable entry points for readings...

and a means of providing duplicate copies for contractors and customers records. Not rocket science

The only big questions are... what media to use.. hard-copy, electronic, and how much do I want to spend to achieve the objective!

If you are so happy at