new to it all and after a little advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mat1978

Reaction score
Hi folks.new to the forum and the whole electrics trade.im 30 years old and been a chef for 12 years but have decided to train as a electician.started a 2 year PT 2330 course at college and am just wondering if there is anything else i can do along side it to speed up the whole qualification side of things.was going to fast track level 2 but the course was cancelled so had to do 2 years.what other courses could i do now to give me better chance of getting some work with a electrical contractor as they dont seam to have a lot of use for a chef.any advice i would be greatful for.cheers matt

17th edition course can usually be completed in a week, likewise part P, but like every short course it costs money. Ideal situation would be to mate for spark - the experience will help greatly with course work.

Hi Mat,

Welcome to the forum.

I too am doing to the PT 2330.

I am just coming to the end of the Level 2 before starting the level 3. (this is the way that college have done it).

I have done and passed my 2382 (17th Edition). I have put a quiz on here with questions on it, I have put loads of mock questions on here and my tutor (and his son) have a fantastic website with proper questions too (