New to the forum and looking forward to it!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brummydave

Reaction score
Hi,

Well it says introduce yourself so I will. I'm Dave from Birmingham and have been on the fringes of the wiring world since the 90s. That's wiring of electrics, sound, light, video, anything really. I enjoy installing stuff, discovering new stuff, discovering how old stuff works (or doesn't) and making things better for people. At the moment I'm well into LED lighting, wireless anything, controls for efficiency and making things more convenient. Just heard about wireless power - upto 2kw. Whatever next!!

I come across all sorts of odd situations and hope this forum will be the place to find and offer like minded experiences and solutions.

In 2000 I rewired my first house competently with a colleague, and then went to college to get qualified. In 2001 I passed a bundle of City & Guilds electrical course (2360 pt 1&2, 2377, 2380, 2391.) so ticked those boxes. Shortly I'll be doing the 2382 17th Amd 1 course, and might get onto Solar PV if the business plan fits.

I got very disheartened a few years ago when the industry was leaning toward 'qualified' rather than 'competent', and to keep working the costs seemed to be shooting up as well. As a sole trader it's hard but I think clients are more aware of the need for a fully competent, professional, polite and qualified tradesman. That thought, plus the fact more work than I can cope with comes my way has pushed me back to the tools.

Look forward to chatting, but not too much as there's work to be done! :)

Finally, I'm a proud dad of a toddler and a real ale fan Guinness .

TTFN!

Excellent intro Dave. And real Ale fan like me too. :p

Welcome to the forum - It's good to have you on-board. :D

Welcome Dave. Can I come over to your corner steps as I drink lager (coors is my favourite ) not keen on real ale.

Just having a can of Carlsberg Export bought me by another forum member (NOT Admin) for a favour I did them.

Quite nice it is too.

Not conducive to neat writing on EICR forms though! ;)