Newlec NL5704

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mapleford

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got a call today to look at the above as it had a fault showing, arrived on site and the panel is beeping away, zone lights and general fault flashing away, if I disable all the zones the fault can be cleared but liven up any of the zones and the fault's back (only zones 1+2 are in use). I'm guessing the panel's dead unless anyone has any ideas?

The only reason i said that was because on a site where i do work one of the systems would randomly go into alarm. I managed to download manual and worked out battery was faulty from this. Unless you have a manual you don't really have a chance to sort it out. The other way of doing it is to ring manufacturer's tech support. I have done this a few times. Who make the newlec panel it will be a badge panel by someone.

batty

Ask our friend and fellow member "UKPanels". ;)

He should be able to sort you out with a manual too. :p

No Probs batty - there is a link to his place in our "Useful links" thread.

Fire alarms use zone monitoring end of lines or "EOL" modules . If the panel cant see the EOL it will go into a fault on that zone, it could be an open circuit or a short circuit accross the zone in question,that is causing the fault.

To test for a short cct measure the voltage on the zone it should be about 20-24Volts dc. ideally if you can find the eol module usually located in the last device and see what the voltage is there.

What about turning if off then back on...........
Is that what you do with the animals you treat if they don't respond :^O :^O If so where's the restart button for my stroppy mare. See if that works:^O

Hi all,Got a call today to look at the above as it had a fault showing, arrived on site and the panel is beeping away, zone lights and general fault flashing away, if I disable all the zones the fault can be cleared but liven up any of the zones and the fault's back (only zones 1+2 are in use). I'm guessing the panel's dead unless anyone has any ideas?
Hi Mapleford

If the panel is showing both Zones in fault, I would sugest it is water ingress or earth fault as when you isolate the zones fault clears.Make sure cables are marked and take out of panel meter across both zones check for zone to zone readings.If you can read the end of line on one and not the other you will have to find the end of line shouldnt be to hard usually in a callpoint at the furthest point.

As the panel is showing clear when the zones are isolated you can assume that the panel is ok.Try the evac on the panel and make sure the sounders are operating.

Not sure of the panel but there are usually diagnostic LEDs on the mother board PC.

I will look it up and see if I can find any more info that helps.

oops just saw the date on the post 2008 must read properly,date is 2009.

Ah well back to hibernation