Newlec NLHRADD1250 Panel Heater

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

susie

Reaction score
Hello can anyone please help me!!!  I am at my wits end now.  I have moved into a flat and there are Newlec Storage heaters in there and the landlord does not know how they work.  I have downloaded the instructions online but they are SOOOOOOO complicated.  I have called up Elnur/Gabbrron the manufacturers and they just issued me with the same instructions.  These heaters are also known as RFE Plus thermal radiator.  Basically, all i want to do is MON-FRI programme heater to come on at 6 am and go off at 8 am, then come on again at 6 pm and go off at 11 pm.  Sat/Sun I do not want any timer set I just want to be able to override the programme and put the heaters on when I want them on.  I thought this would be so simple to do but alas no!  The thing that is most confusing is the sun/moon temperatures.  I am not sure what these are all about, I don't want sun/moon temps, I just want nice warm heat of about 21 degrees during the on periods.  If there is anyone there that can write down here a step by step guide, preferably someone that actual has these heaters, then I would be so grateful.  Thank you so much in advance.  Susie 

Welcome to the delights of LOT20 compliant heaters

introduced with little or no thought for the average user

sorry if this isn’t helpful

Last edited by a moderator:
No 1, if you are expecting a STORAGE heater to give you even, timed temperatures your aspirations are way above the technology.  Pure storage heaters will be too hot in the morning and too cold in the evening.

These are probably a combined storage and panel heater with some complicated controls that will get a bit closer to the stable temperature you want but at the expense of using some peak rate electricity as well as the cheaper night rate.

And yes the controls are generally obscure.  I don't know why they have to make them so complicated I removed one a few days after I fitted it (customer bought it and returned it as not fit for purpose) and I sought out an old school heater which you can still find on the likes of ebay.

Having just got home and looked on the interweb it seems this model is a Panel heater and yes they are all too complicated these days ........... 

If I get asked for a recommendation I say look for a unit with APP control .............

These are supposed to save energy and the implementation of LOT 20 is the product of the EU ........... so its not easy to recommend a product which you can simply turn on / off and up / down 

Not even sure who makes this unit either - sorry

You could ignore them and buy a couple of fan heaters.  Call me defeatist if you like but you can just switch those on and off as you need heat.

Probably wouldn't cost significantly more to run and could prove more satisfactory for the use you describe.

The panels are only 1.25kW and would probably take a long time from switch on to heat up a room decently on a cold winter day.

Status
Not open for further replies.