Newlec storage heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have any members had any dealings with Newlec storage heaters. I have been called out to one with four elements in as it was not getting very hot. Took it apart and three of the four elements had totally blown apart. The heater is only about three and a half years old. I have never known a storage heater go faulty in such a short time. Any views on this.

Have any members had any dealings with Newlec storage heaters. I have been called out to one with four elements in as it was not getting very hot. Took it apart and three of the four elements had totally blown apart. The heater is only about three and a half years old. I have never known a storage heater go faulty in such a short time. Any views on this.
As you say it seems unusual to go in less than 4 years? ?:|

generally these things just keep on running...

the only problems I have had with storage heaters is a thermal fuse tripped..

I think the customer had been blocking all of the vents

where it said "Do Not Cover"!!! :(

Is there any sign of external damage or liquid spillage in or around it?? ?:|

No

The storage heater looks brand new. Perhaps its a sign of the times. Our Belling cooker is only about a year and a half old and the oven element went. We have a five year insurance on it so it was replaced free of charge.

if the stat at the back is still in transit position and not pulled down this will be the first thing to go, then the heater will either trip out or just keep heating untill the elements go. check the bottom right hand side of the heater to see if the copper bar is visable.