newly qualified sparky neds advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisgjudd

Reaction score
hi guys , i am currently doing my niceic 2 job appraisal , for the minor job i intend changing a ceiling rose and replace the light with a high efficency version. Question is can i do the minor to the 16th regs (have done major at a different location to 17th) and what parameters or relevant things should i test, measure or be aware of that that lovely nic man might ask???

hi guys , i am currently doing my niceic 2 job appraisal , for the minor job i intend changing a ceiling rose and replace the light with a high efficency version. Question is can i do the minor to the 16th regs (have done major at a different location to 17th) and what parameters or relevant things should i test, measure or be aware of that that lovely nic man might ask???

every alteration you no mater how major or minor..

you must double check earthing & bonding!!

131.8 or 130-07-01..

NIC inspector will double check this!

the other tests etc.. you need are sufficient for you to complete all of the parts of the relevant test certificate.

You can still do ALL works to the 16th if you want ...

even after July... as long as they were designed & commenced before July!

e.g. you have no idea how soon a customer may be ready once you have quoted for work..

I understand there is a reasonable window for completing 16th ed work after 17th becomes into full effect?

So no panic about 16th or 17th yet!

I have never just done a replacement accessory as a job for inspection..

normally always make sure they involve a bit or wiring...

e.g. add a new light or socket..

give them a bit more to check your competence on..

in case there were any grey areas on the other sample job?

:)