NICEIC 17th Edition "Toolbox", Important ammendments...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshwizard

Honorary Life Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Guys,

Has anyone else purchased the NICEIC 17th Edition "Toolbox"?

I received a letter this morning from The NIC, to tell me of certain errors and Ommissions.

Just to prove that I am Not winding you up (Not that I would, over something like this), I have scanned and attached the pics of the actual letter and ammendment sheet.

Page1ofNICChangesLetter.jpg

Page2ofNICChangesLetter.jpg

Just in case you haven't received a letter.

Regards,

Welshy.

(Yes, I know - I have put Page 2 on each of the Pics. :_| )

Good Afternoon Guys,Has anyone else purchased the NICEIC 17th Edition "Toolbox"?

I received a letter this morning from The NIC, to tell me of certain errors and Ommissions.

Just to prove that I am Not winding you up (Not that I would, over something like this), I have scanned and attached the pics of the actual letter and ammendment sheet.

Page1ofNICChangesLetter.jpg

Page2ofNICChangesLetter.jpg

Just in case you haven't received a letter.

Regards,

Welshy.

(Yes, I know - I have put Page 2 on each of the Pics. :_| )
Afternoon WW,

I did consider the 17th toolbox...

but I gave it a miss. :|

I like the idea of Errata pg 127... 'Long wander lead (R1)'..... :B )

I reckon I could uses long wander leads for R1 and R2

to save time testing the real circuits!!!!!!!! :^O

Just unrole your lead, stand next to the fitting you are testing...

bit of GPS tecnology and a portable sat nav will calculate the cable runs and prove polarity etc.. etc.. for you.?????????????? :D :D:D

I like the bit that you don't need to rcd the circuits if 'under the supervision of a skilled or instructed person'.

So you could argue that if we do new work at home, we don't need to upgrade the fusebox with extra rcd's and rcbo's until we sell the house! ]:)