NICEIC 1st site assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonatlondon

Reaction score
Hi guys, i've got my 1st site assessment next week.

Could anyone please give me any helpful tips and hints to succeed in registration.

Thanks.

mine was 5 hrs.

i thought keep him talking..... then less time testing...

did not work ... i kept him chatting 2 hrs .. lol... then he said right lets have a look at your work my afternoon visit has cancelled so we can have a good look at you today .,. :(

remember lock off and label ..

full board strip down,

full periodic test and certificate fill in.

checks all book u need to have .the list is in the letter they send you.

insurance details.

calibration cert.

he was quite happy coaching me at different times but then asked lots of questions to see if i did know or was bluffing. so i past on my knowledge as well as ability.

very scarey ... but not as hard as it looks m8.

good luck.

make sure he has another appointment first lol..

where are u based ?

doh sorry just seen ur name LONDON lol.

I was with the NICEIC some years back, its tempting to keep them talking but I don't think its the best idea. The guy that looked after Brum and the Midlands years ago was great , he was an ex sparks , ( think he came from the firm I did my time with) He was interested in the standard of work and if you knew the ropes but was on your side and was well liked.

The new breed,walk and talk regs numbers and try to baffle you with their knowledge of the Red Book.

On saying that , I'm sure you will be fine , don't forget they have competition now !!

Deke

I would say that if you have a basic C&G and have plenty of test sheets to show him, plus whatever they ask for in their pack, Insurance etc , you'll have no probs.

Its always nerve wracking , like the driving test , don't worry you can always re-apply if it goes mammery glands up.

thanks gents. much appreciated. I've got GN3 but is it one of the required literature like the regs, moeaw '89 etc etc?

u need the orange regs book, on site guide, the memorandum blue book, and the part p book, i think that's it.

water stones do them all.

Part p can be downloaded fron the interthingy. thats where i got mine. I'll try to find where from.

Macca

nice one JL, good links

The one I put up is Free to download though which will save around

thanks very much guys. niccy e-mailed the part p doc, got the others. ill let you all know how i get on. thanks again.