NICEIC Certificates

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I belive the schedule of inspections has changed (at least the IEE ones have) the terms indirect and direct have gone and some other minor changes

I will be using my old ones first.

you haven't got to use the nic certs you are allowed to use your own as long as they have a unique serial number for each and a copy

I too have the 16th ones all that i have done is purchased a program and input the NIC no's on the new forms, then print them and keep them together

If they dont like it ' I DONT CARE'

We have never used the Nic forms. We use our own, with the Nic logo and our own Ref No's. The 17th forms are different, apart from the fact they dont say tested or inspected to BS7671 :2001 on them, the schedule of inspections has changed

My thoughts if the work you are doing is to the 17th edition you should be using 17th edition certificates, this is only my opinion. Perhaps NICEIC could give you a refund on the certificates you havn't used.

batty

to say you cant use certs that havent been dated to 17th is like saying you cant live in a house that isnt wired to 17th.

you are all being stoopid

the compiler puts the date on the form, so thats the date it is issued from and complies with the regs at that time.

if you come across a box that isnt relevant then just put N/A(not applicable) in it.

job done,

stop bleating.!!!

Probably talking out of order or at least total jibberish but.......We are now working to the 17th edition and the model forms for this edition. As we all know 7671 is not law but would be used as evidence in a court of law. If an installation is built to a former edition then it should be identified and marked as so on the correct current paperwork. The niceic forms are based on the IEE forms and as such have the correct items and references to work to.

If you had done a PIR on a 15th edition installation(or 13th when I was a lad) would you use a 15th edition form?

to say you cant use certs that havent been dated to 17th is like saying you cant live in a house that isnt wired to 17th.you are all being stoopid

the compiler puts the date on the form, so thats the date it is issued from and complies with the regs at that time.

if you come across a box that isnt relevant then just put N/A(not applicable) in it.

job done,

stop bleating.!!!
well said steptoe. totally makes sense unlike the rest of this :^O

Probably talking out of order or at least total jibberish but.......We are now working to the 17th edition and the model forms for this edition. As we all know 7671 is not law but would be used as evidence in a court of law. If an installation is built to a former edition then it should be identified and marked as so on the correct current paperwork. The niceic forms are based on the IEE forms and as such have the correct items and references to work to. If you had done a PIR on a 15th edition installation(or 13th when I was a lad) would you use a 15th edition form?
No because you are testing to the 17th

a few small details have changed such as you now have to verify voltage drop, if you contact the niceic like i did myself about using up 16th edition certificates you will fibd them to be very unhelpful, i got bounced around from person to person and the final answer i got was i think you might be able to use them

Buy tysoft easy cert and print your certs on blank paper and fire on the logo.

You are required to issue a unique serial number with your certs. I use date and then 001, 002 etc

eg 080808-001

If you have more than 1 spark then A_Jones/080808-001 etc

It doesn't have to be hard, just trackable

Being in the NICEIC / SELECT allows you to use their logo's. As long as you use them correctly (font/colour/size) then you can fire them on your certs.

They get upset if the opposition is larger than them.

Agree. As posted elsewhere, I was using powersuite (megger), but they want silly money to upgrade!! Tried Easycert, and like the look and feel of the program.

Stuff the scam providers logo on there (if you want to?? :) ) and away you go

Job.........Done