NICEIC Instalation Certificates

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seajayess

Reaction score
Had to do installation test today and used a 17th. Edition Installation Certificate nearly the same as the old ones but on the schedule of tests there now is a box to tick verifying that you have checked volt drop CJS

Had to do installation test today and used a 17th. Edition Installation Certificate nearly the same as the old ones but on the schedule of tests there now is a box to tick verifying that you have checked volt drop CJS
So, did you tick it?

Yes because I checked it on a lighting circuit as they have the least volt drop aloud CJS

3% on lighting, isn't it? And 5% eleswhere?

3% on lighting, isn't it? And 5% eleswhere?
Only if the supply is from a public LV distribution system.

If it is from private LV supply it is 6% and 8% respectively.

Do you know what Sept. I had that question in my 205 exam and I told the lecturer that they were higher for a PLV Supply.

He don't me not to be daft as they were the same. I told him that I saw them on my 17th ed OSG. (didn't have it on me at the time).

:(

Do you know what Sept. I had that question in my 205 exam and I told the lecturer that they were higher for a PLV Supply.He don't me not to be daft as they were the same. I told him that I saw them on my 17th ed OSG. (didn't have it on me at the time).

:(
Tell him that he is daft as it is on page358 of the BRB appendix 12.

Could not be certain but it may be something to do with certain places taking their supply from the supplier at HV level and having their own HV/LV network around their site thus the distance from their sub-station to a building incomer may only be 100-200 metres as on a public system it may have the sub-station miles from the building.

Yes this is true. We have EDF's HV supply on site and our own LV transformers so we are allowed higher volt drops. Na, na, na!

Actually it makes little difference. Because you are so close to the LV transformer the volt drops are minimal any way! In fact our '230V' supply actually measures out at 247V.

i honestly dont see the problem with using the old ones first, i certainly havent got the spare money to get new books just to please niceic, moneys tight nough at the moment :(

The 17th Edition certs are different though. The schedule of inspections is completely different, Polarity check is on the results page and a few more i cant remember. You shouldn't be using 16th certs.

Edit I have never used Nic certs, used to use the fillable IEE ,ones and bought the Easycert when the 17th came out.

The 17th Edition certs are different though. The schedule of inspections is completely different, Polarity check is on the results page and a few more i cant remember. You shouldn't be using 16th certs.
i have been told be elecsa that i can continue to use 16th certs, just to make sure change 2001 to 2008

lets get one thing right

a certificate is a piece of paper for recording the results and schedules and other information, as long as the cert has the necessary information it doesn't matter where it is on the form. you could use your own made up cert as long as it had the relevant information on it, which you could copy off the regs book .

using 16th regs cert or 17th they both require the same information.

lets get one thing right a certificate is a piece of paper for recording the results and schedules and other information, as long as the cert has the necessary information it doesn't matter where it is on the form. you could use your own made up cert as long as it had the relevant information on it, which you could copy off the regs book .

using 16th regs cert or 17th they both require the same information.
The 16th edition forms do not have the necessary information.

could you please tell me what they are lacking

If you say the bit about verify volt drop that is only a nic thing and the regs

could you please tell me what they are lackingIf you say the bit about verify volt drop that is only a nic thing and the regs
Keith

The main differences is on the schedule of inspections. I do not want to list them it will take to long I have not got the patience of sl. If you have a 16th and the 17 th edition and have a look you will see. My thoughts are if you are doing the work to the 17th edition you should be using the 17th certs.

Batty