NICEIC Registration

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maccarooni

Reaction score
Hopefully I Won't get shot down for a Question like this as my first thread so here goes....Blushing

If a person becomes registered with above as a domestic installer do they still have to inform Building control of work they will be carrying out, and more importantly pay a fee for it. I priced a pj for an outside socket. straightforward enough.... dual socket directly inside wall. FCU (

Suppose it depends how much notifiable work you plan to do, as to whether to join a scheme or not.

If you decide to join, and plan to do enough work to cover your fees you will have an advantage over people quoting work and having to allow for notification costs

hello carl

So Am i right in thinking that whoever does the job ie. the outside socket. It still has to be notified and pay a fee. Even the Nic contractor and Nic Domestic installer

MACCA

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

Don't you pay your Part P provider something like

Hopefully I Won't get shot down for a Question like this as my first thread so here goes....BlushingIf a person becomes registered with above as a domestic installer do they still have to inform Building control of work they will be carrying out, and more importantly pay a fee for it. I priced a pj for an outside socket. straightforward enough.... dual socket directly inside wall. FCU (

Hopefully I Won't get shot down for a Question like this as my first thread so here goes....BlushingIf a person becomes registered with above as a domestic installer do they still have to inform Building control of work they will be carrying out, and more importantly pay a fee for it. I priced a pj for an outside socket. straightforward enough.... dual socket directly inside wall. FCU (

With my BC costs down here - two (2) jobs would be more than enough to cover it. :_|

thanks for all replies....

Have to rush out to pick up kids....

Will be back on this subject later

Macca

thanks for all replies....Have to rush out to pick up kids....

Will be back on this subject later

Macca
I do hope they are your own kids? :eek: :O

hate to think we are encouraging other nasty habits on this forum... :_|

it was bad enough last night with Apache & rubber boots & gloves! :(

:D :D:D:D;\

OMG Special locationBlushing

""Have to rush out to pick up kids....

Will be back on this subject later""

Macca

Didn't think saying this would sound so bad...

My apologies.

Yes they r my kids...Club night tonight...Guides.

Missus on a first aid course. So I'm the taxi, back out at 9pm to round them up.

Many replies to my Question and a lot of helpful content.

i have never had to deal with bc before as i work for a reg NIC company since I started, 7 yrs now, and I feel its almost time to move on. I have applied to Nic today so hopefully I won't have to pay the 64.63 each time... by the way how daunting is the 1/2 day assessment, any tips hints..

ADMINWith my BC costs down here - two (2) jobs would be more than enough to cover it. where abouts is it down there...?

Yes they r my kids...Club night tonight...Guides.Missus on a first aid course. So I'm the taxi, back out at 9pm to round them up.
ah.. thats OK then:DApplaud Smiley

My "guides" taxi night is Wednesday...

But then there are also..

Orchestra / Badminton / Swimming / Piano lesson....

etc..

etc..

:p :p:_|