NICEIC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgaw81

Reaction score
Im going to be joining the NICEIC, i received my application form today.

I know all the basics on what i need to join, but do I need a health and safety policy? It says in the notes that i need one. I thought you only needed one if you have 5 or more employees? Am i correct?

or do I need to get one?

The law is when you Employ 5 or more people - Yes.

But the Nic think that they are a seperate law, so I'd go with what it says on Their paperwork.

Good luck too Mate.

This is a part p thing, I needed one for British Standards to join. You also need a spreadsheet of records of when you purchased your test instruments and calibration dates and liability insurance. Although you are in Scotland so part p is not needed but I assume its a general thing to be registerd with NICEIC.

Batty

I thought it was for 5 or more employees too , athough ELECSA ask for it too. It shouldn 't cost anything , its just a statement on a sheet of A4 signed and dated by yourself. I'm sure you could download something off the net. I second what Admin says, are you going for their Domestic Installer P scheme or the full blown membership ?

Just read Battys post, I did'nt know there was no Part P over the border.

Deke

Any chance of having your Prime Minister back, please ? ;)

You can download a health and safety policy and statement from NICEIC website free of charge. As for your instrument check if you pm me an email address I can e mail you the one I made up for my NICEIC assessment. I can also explain how I complete it. The NICEIC man was well happy with it:D

Thanks for all the replies, i will hopefully be going for the full blown membership, its very cheap they only want

I thought it was for 5 or more employees too , athough ELECSA ask for it too. It shouldn 't cost anything , its just a statement on a sheet of A4 signed and dated by yourself. I'm sure you could download something off the net. I second what Admin says, are you going for their Domestic Installer P scheme or the full blown membership ?Just read Battys post, I did'nt know there was no Part P over the border.

Deke

Any chance of having your Prime Minister back, please ? ;)
NO THANKS independence all the way.

They only take you if you are approved electrician status, its one of their terms. Apart from that its simplier that the rest, its cheaper and you only get inspected every 3 years.