night storage heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maccarooni

Reaction score
Hi all.

Guiness Drink

think i'll have another before i start.

Well having some major work done at home at the moment. Loft conversion, garage and kitchen extension. Leccy meter was in a position where it had to be moved 2 metres along with overhead incoming concentric (TNC-S) moved aswell. Fair enough, Rang western power, who came out and looked at job, Told guy I would drill new hole in wall for cable, put up chipboard for new meter/cutout. Away he went, quote came back for work

Electric nightstores are the most expensive way to heat your house. I'm stuck with them beacuse I can't afford central heating.

You have to decide the night before how cold the next day will be. If you work they are cooling down by 6/7pm so we light the fire.

Hmm I would say that load is of peak ergo no conflict of interest with regular electric loads. But would certainly use sepaerate fuseboard to avoid overloading main switch etc, so that if anything gives its the main cutout fuse, failing that its a second phase supply or fitment of 100A cutout fuse by western power to provide some additional leccy. I await being shotdown :D

Hi Binky

Would deffo use 2nd board, however when western move meter not long ago the said they only fit 80A to domestic properties now .!!!

Am still undecided on which heating to use (because of extortioned rate to move gas meter) will delve deeper in to costs

Macca.

Guiness Drink

I agree with apache, I was lucky, council ripped out my storage heaters and put in air source heat pump wet central heating and its superb !!!. I would re-plumb and use what you already got I'm sure it will be far cheaper - it will cost ya a fortune in extra leccy, even on off peak !!!!

Latest posts