Nightmare, How The Hell Can I Get Relevant Experience For Nvq?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone is experienced and competent, then go get there part P then thats understandable, I dont have issues. Some of the best sparks ive worked with have had experience and older versions of regs but when someone gets part P registered then think they can do what they like (inc testing with electra)  it makes everyones else's job a nightmare, its one thing being quick but being rough and banging borrowed neutrals all over the joint messes every other sparky up, but on the other hand....

Theres lads on my course who are great on the college side but the way 2365 is structured they haven't been working and are great at the physics and testing but cant even use an SDS properly, I know most wouldn't know how to chop out with a hammer and bolster,

I think everybody should have to do the same courses or it should be easier to work out what level everyone is at,

there should only be one body and everybody should be JIB registered, regardless

Being in the middle of my training at the moment and having paid so much in course fee's so far I think its a joke to be honest

and AM2 is definitely a big scam

But ultimately I think the responsibility is on us as professionals to ensure we do it the right way, the amount of different routes makes it harder for some of us than others, but thats life i suppose,

Rant over 

Why would you wanna work as a volunteer you are just lowering the wages, talk to employment agencies, in Germany they pay less but you wont work for beans, even in Greece they dont work for free.

The catch 22 situation was never around when I qualified. All electricians were employed by companies under a recognised apprentice scheme.

I do not think there were any night schools teaching the subject other than on a basic level.

I seriously think that the level 3 and how it is gained these days is a total farce. You can sign up to a company, send pictures of yourself in a hard hat and Hi Vis doing something that may not have been you, and get a NVQ3?

I recently did a job where I laid some cable management in, and started to pull cables through. The lad we took on to assist did not have anything to do with that part  of the job but I found his mate taking pictures of him going through the motions of doing the job.

Lets face it, if I posted a picture of myself in the cockpit of a fighter jet, would that imply I was a fighter pilot? Apparently if its for a NVQ 3 then yes I am.

NVQ 3 defaced and devalued.