No Thank you Mr NAPIT

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wabbitwabbit

Saw your thread pver at SF Betty and agree totally what a bunch of rip-off merchants they are on their courses.

I also thing it is worse ... as in ..

When I had my assessment whilst I passed OK I then get a letter from NAPIT telling me that "..after an internal review it has been decided that you must undergo update training for the 17th edition before the year is out.."

or something on those lines.

Then guess what follows after a few weeks delay. Oh! what a coincidence and invite to attend one of their 17th Edition courses for 'only'

I got told today at my college at the end of this year being my last year on the course they said that we could get discounts from college for a NAPIT course they didnt say how much, but would that be worth taking on.

when i was lookling around as i have to get my 17th update with in 6 months for napit, quite a few places are charging silly money

Its amazing what you can find if you use the 'SEARCH ENGINE' facility !!!!!!!!!

did you ever find the 'source of the problem'...just curious as Son has a similar problem [sort of]... :coat
Yes I did Kerch, well the garage did . After dropping the fuel tank and refitting , a starting problem manifested itself, this was due to me having to pump the fuel hand primer , this damaged the ancient diaphram and it began to suck air in.

I replaced the primer which also carries the fuel filter ,and following instructions , I wiped grease on the filter gasket . The problem continued.

After much anguish I got it down to my usual garage who noticed the afformentioned grease on the filter , it seems that the engine heat melted the grease which allowed air to enter the system, sometimes it would reseal, making me think it was OK again .

They merely refitted the filter ,without grease and hey presto ! Job done !

When does the update have to be done by Theo for Elecsa? And where did you do your course mate?
M4tty,

If you have a 17th qual then there is no real requirement for an update course.

Study the bgb and ask Q's on here.

I'll try to scan a document I have later and see if I can OCR it and put it up in the D/L's.

I have a summary of the changes in about 5 pages ish.

sorry i misread the post

16th - 17th was what i was on about

not the 17th ammendment :worship

M4tty,

Not gonna get that doc up tonight, scanned & OCR'd and formatted, need to do some spelling checks etc. but not tonight mate sorry!

Head is in the shed following a phone call this a.m.!

sorry didnt see the date just take up on the simular theads when you go to post a new topic :-/