Non payer (well, short changer)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sysparks

Reaction score
Had a customer today, that iv done work for before, who this time said i was too expensive and would only pay

Sorry to hear about your non payer. Some people are beyond belief !

Still, what goes around comes around. Best to put that one behind you until the next time they ask for your services ;)

Regards, John.

LOL, like the smoke alarm idea mike!

Felt like stuffing a kipper under the floor instead tho!

And wife said i should have kicked him in knackers! But heh

And the best thing is ,his next sparks gonna be some p***sh cabbie thats decided he's a spark over here,charges him a price that no self respecting self employed spark can compete with and end up killing him and his family cos the wiring is completely dangerous and substandard and hes not got a clue, not registered or gives a rats ass ............... here endeth the sermon :p

Hi Sy.

This is one of the things that worries me the most about being self employed. I have read all the replies you had, but in the end, what exactly can you do about people like this?

I'm no push-over mate and I would be furious if this happened to me.

I appreciate what you say about "....better

Mike:

loved the idea with the smokey....I`ll have to remember that. It would be even better if you knew what flooring was being fitted in each room.....glued laminate or candine would be so much better than carpet :)

Seriously for a mo - I haven`t had this dubious pleasure (yet), and always attempt to give some sort of clue to the costing, even if we can`t issue a full estimate.

Database of bad payers!! excellent idea. Where do we start? We need someone who`s wizard at setting up these computer thingies!!!

Hmmmmm let me think :eek:

Ext,Would have thought it was the landlord`s/letting agent`s decision, rather than the tenant?
(Private landlord I'm refering to here, the tenant has no say at all)

Hence I stated TFO, the letting agency finds a tenant for a fee only..

(So I end up chasing the Landlords for the money(most pay promptly))

However they are expected to have a Gas & electrical check, regardless..

I've since told the LA, that its prepayment for these customers..

; \