NTL/Virgin Telephone Master Sockets

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sworld

Electrical Technician
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm changing the ugly, surface mount, master socket that the cable telephone line terminates in. I assume that a standard 'Master' socket replacement, that would be used for a BT line, will work on cable?

Does anyone know different or done this themselves?

Thanks peeps. :D

Hi all,I'm changing the ugly, surface mount, master socket that the cable telephone line terminates in. I assume that a standard 'Master' socket replacement, that would be used for a BT line, will work on cable?

Does anyone know different or done this themselves?

Thanks peeps. :D
Spot on Mr S!

the only difference is the little logo(or no logo) stuck/or pressed into the front face place!

I bet you are only doing this cuz you want to test out the second-hand Butt you scrounged off the BT guys at work???????????? ]:) ] :)

You'll be movin phone sockets, left right & centre every other day given half the chance.. I reckon! :D

How was your Ice cream???? :p

Spot on Mr S!the only difference is the little logo(or no logo) stuck/or pressed into the front face place!
Going for a 'third-party' version, chromed probably, don't like the nasty white plastic!

I bet you are only doing this cuz you want to test out the second-hand Butt you scrounged off the BT guys at work???????????? ]:) ] :) You'll be movin phone sockets, left right & centre every other day given half the chance.. I reckon! :D
:^O I'm installing them everywhere I can think of! I'll have to take some pics of my 'butt' (hurrrr.....hurrrr, he said butt dude!) and post them (Yes, I know it's sad!) I also managed to pull off the net the original manual for it, some bloke in the states has a web-site dedicated to butt phone manuals (make me feel a little less sad at least!)

How was your Ice cream???? :p
Body heat doesn't half make it melt fast! The GF seem to enjoy using it thought...... ]:)

It was very nice, in the short time it existed!

Going for a 'third-party' version, chromed probably, don't like the nasty white plastic!
oohhhhhhh!!! "chrome probably!!" goin all posh then are we? :eek:

old white plastic not good enough for you??

like wot some of us poor uns have to make do with!! :_|

Wish I could afford "CHROME LJU's":( :(

s-pose you are goin flush NOT surface as well?

You do know the neighbours will start talking if they find out..

it'll be "hello Mr S.. can I pop in a borrow your phone please??":^O:^O:^O

Bet they'll look the dogs dangly bits compared to plastic M8! ; \

:D

Wish I could afford "CHROME LJU's":( :(

A lot of this chrome stuff is cheaper than quality plastic :eek: :O. One of my wholesaler's is almost giving away polished chrome cos no one is buying it. I am fitting out a house in polished brass this week, downlights, switches, sockets, the whole nine yards, it must be over 5-6 years since i last fitted brass :|

Going for a 'third-party' version, chromed probably, don't like the nasty white plastic! :^O I'm installing them everywhere I can think of! I'll have to take some pics of my 'butt' (hurrrr.....hurrrr, he said butt dude!) and post them (Yes, I know it's sad!) I also managed to pull off the net the original manual for it, some bloke in the states has a web-site dedicated to butt phone manuals
you got an address for that place buddy.?

I got meself one of these,,,

http://www.millsltd.com/productDetail.cfm?partNo=C00-4270