Nuaire Ecosmart (MVHR) "fault"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope I understood the question correctly.

There are 4 lights, from left to right - Green / Red / Amber /Amber

When the unit is switched on the green comes on and all the other lights go on and off for some time. I counted and the red is turned on and off 10 times before it constantly stays on, all other lights are off.

Looking at the unit, its seem if its a constant red then it's Supply fan fault. If its was blinking red then an extract fan fault.

When the unit is turned on there's no sound what so ever, so the fans are not working at all. It's not a case that the motor starts or something and then stops. 

So what you have to do is remove the outer case of unit to access fan and or connection. It goes without saying (or does it) that you must turn power of to unit first. 
you are looking for a) a loose connection, unlikely but you never know! 
b) see if you can spin the fan by hand. If it moves freely and quietly then it’s possibly ok- further in depth testing by suitably qualified person. 
if it spins but with a grating noise then possibly a bearing on its way out or gone.

if it doesn’t spin at all then it’s probably seized. 
start with this and report back. 
also whilst it’s all open clean the filters. 

:) It goes without saying,,.... but I guess always better, in case the newbie is naive to know that power should be turned off/disconnected :)

The fan spins without any issue, it's smooth.

It seems like a circuit board fault. The only electronic bits in the unit are the two circuit boards and the two fans.

I called their support team and fortunately, its in warranty. They reckon its a circuit board fault. They are sending both circuit boards. Hopefully, that should sort it.

I will report back. I will try to do with some pictures as I struggled to find any while trying searching for what the inside of the unit looks like.

:) I

I called their support team and fortunately, its in warranty. They reckon its a circuit board fault. They are sending both circuit boards. Hopefully, that should sort it. 
That would go down in my book as exceptionally good service, and a recommendation for future business.

Latest posts