nws supercutter 6-in-1

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes me, they are brilliant, got my dad, a semi retired sparky, a pair as well. They fine for cutting up to 2.5, anything bigger than that and you'll need a strong grip as the cutter part is not right in the jaws.

There's a little hole in them for cutting socket fascia screws down to length,right by the pivot point, no flat spot on the newly cut screw, no burrs, nothing, cut the screw and screw it straight into the backbox, not like when you cut the crew with side cutters and i sort of knackers the end of the screw.

They crimp really well, i prefer to crimp with these rather than proper ratchet crimpers, with these you can "feel" when the connectors has been properly crimped.

There's presized holes for stripping 1.5 and 2.5, feels a bit strange at first when stripping the wires, squeeze all the way and strip, not like with side cutters, squeeze but not too much or you cut the wire, then release a bit and strip. Def much fatser though to work with these. I paid about

They crimp really well, i prefer to crimp with these rather than proper ratchet crimpers, with these you can "feel" when the connectors has been properly crimped.

Paul.
Please don't crimp by feel, that is not professional, nor is it adequate.

You should crimp with a correctly designed and manufactured, crimp tool suitable for the crimps used, which must meet the requirements of the crimp manufacturer.

This will almost certainly require a ratchet crimp tool with suitably sized dies and dead stops.

I like to use these types as i know when it's crimped it stays crimped.

Mechanical crimp tool with revolving hexagonal crimp dies 6mm

I have a Newlec version of Pic 1 and would not use owt else but this design for RBY crimps TBH.

I also have a similar hydraulic crimper to Pic 2 but mine does 10 to 300 with interchangeable dies, bit of a lump to handle though TBH.

I am looking at a mechanical crimper for the smaller sizes say up to 95 ish.

I have one for 6-16 un insulated tube lugs, an SWA again actually very similar to Pic 1 TBH.

always thought cutters with the 1.5 and 2.5 stripping bits wouldnt cut cable ties to well which can be so annoying as anyone would know who has blown a hole in their cutters.

cutters with the 3.5 and 4 holes in them are so handy wouldnt be with out them.

I have a Newlec version of Pic 1 and would not use owt else but this design for RBY crimps TBH.I also have a similar hydraulic crimper to Pic 2 but mine does 10 to 300 with interchangeable dies, bit of a lump to handle though TBH.

I have one for 6-16 un insulated tube lugs, an SWA again actually very similar to Pic 1 TBH.
I've got both of those with all the interchangable dies Pic one in a case with 6 sets of dies for insulated and none insulated,

Pic 2 that does upto 300mm dies range from 16mm upto 300mm.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:37 ----------

I want one of those.... Looks pricey tho
Pic2

I have a Newlec version of Pic 1 and would not use owt else but this design for RBY crimps TBH.I also have a similar hydraulic crimper to Pic 2 but mine does 10 to 300 with interchangeable dies, bit of a lump to handle though TBH.

SW I have a SWA CT25150H mechanical crimp tool (hexagonal) that does 25-150mm

http://www.s-w-a.co.uk/page3/page49/page51/assets/140-large%20hand%20crimp.pdf

Top tip - never buy tools using the ebay app on a Blackberry. I was amazed when it turned up.

Let me know if you're interested.

always thought cutters with the 1.5 and 2.5 stripping bits wouldnt cut cable ties to well which can be so annoying as anyone would know who has blown a hole in their cutters. cutters with the 3.5 and 4 holes in them are so handy wouldnt be with out them.
They cut cable ties fine, the cutter part is about 20mm long, away from the pivot point.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was made at 12:46 ----------

Please don't crimp by feel, that is not professional, nor is it adequate.You should crimp with a correctly designed and manufactured, crimp tool suitable for the crimps used, which must meet the requirements of the crimp manufacturer.

This will almost certainly require a ratchet crimp tool with suitably sized dies and dead stops.
I've got ratchet crimps, but sometimes like when you're trying to crimp just one connector within a bunch of cables the ratchet cripmers can be a bit bulky.

I tried a pair of NWS cutters and didn't like them. I use the CK combicutters.