[Off Topic] Feeding Issues with Cats

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisjordan

Reaction score
So, I've never had cats and haven't had any connection with them, but I married someone who has two. I don't work anymore, so I spend most of my time with them at home. I care for them; they're cute (if a touch wild...), but they've been CRAZY about eating since coming to a new nation. It's as if they're starving to death (which they aren't; they've gained weight and have both been examined by a veterinarian, so there aren't any problems). We serve them dinner no earlier than 7 p.m., and I stick to that schedule. They, on the other hand, want to be fed about 5 p.m. This is when their new irrational habit enters the picture. They've begun doing this thing where they get all worked up about wanting something. They both sit and gaze at me, often with a lot of meows and cries, and they throw up about wanting their food. We've determined it's connected to some type of nervous "I want food" or "give me food or I'll puke" thing because it only happens right before feeding time. Has anyone else have a similar experience? Is it possible that I am insane? Are our felines deranged?

No later than midnight either..... Remember that Movie from the 80's with that little fluffy mogwai thing....

My cat likes to be fed about every 2 hours. She's getting old and likes to eat in small portions, so she gets fed mornings and evenings just before going to bed, and sometimes during the day at random times. 

So, I've never had cats and haven't had any connection with them, but I married someone who has two. I don't work anymore, so I spend most of my time with them at home. I care for them; they're cute (if a touch wild...), but they've been CRAZY about eating since coming to a new nation. It's as if they're starving to death (which they aren't; they've gained weight and have both been examined by a veterinarian, so there aren't any problems). We serve them dinner no earlier than 7 p.m., and I stick to that schedule. They, on the other hand, want to be fed about 5 p.m. This is when their new irrational habit enters the picture. They've begun doing this thing where they get all worked up about wanting something. They both sit and gaze at me, often with a lot of meows and cries, and they throw up about wanting their food. We've determined it's connected to some type of nervous "I want food" or "give me food or I'll puke" thing because it only happens right before feeding time. Has anyone else have a similar experience? Is it possible that I am insane? Are our felines deranged?
If there was no one around to feed them at 5PM and they had to wait till 7PM is one thing, but now there is someone around at 5PM maybe they want to change the feeding arrangements and book a table for 5PM.

My thought would be why stress them out, my cat gets fed her wet food at 6 - 7 AM and 5:30 - 6:30 PM and has dry food throughout the day with a treat at supper time she seems happy enough with the arrangement although sometimes she does try for an earlier feed

Latest posts