Oh B**lox.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABC Technical

Reaction score
On friday last week I turned up at a job at 7am to do some PAT testing, plugged my machine in, it powered up then promptly powered down again, aha thought I fuse has blown, so replaces it with a brand new one and even checked it first only to find it still wouldnt work?

So, get back home phone TIC in Wales, they said theyd pick up Tues morning which they did.

Rang them today to get an idea of cost and how long before I get it back.

3-4 bloody weeks was the reply.

So now I have to hire one.

Sometimes I hate my life. :_|

On friday last week I turned up at a job at 7am to do some PAT testing, plugged my machine in, it powered up then promptly powered down again, aha thought I fuse has blown, so replaces it with a brand new one and even checked it first only to find it still wouldnt work?So, get back home phone TIC in Wales, they said theyd pick up Tues morning which they did.

Rang them today to get an idea of cost and how long before I get it back.

3-4 bloody weeks was the reply.

So now I have to hire one.

Sometimes I hate my life. :_|
Where abouts in Wales, Mate? I'll have a chat with Don about sending his "Boys" around.

:D

Hello abc

I know how you feel. I have a di-log 9083p which is only about two months old. I was using it the other day the display kept going blank then came back on with the battery figure only showing. didn't have any batteries so took them out of my other meter di-log 9073. Still didn't work battery symbol came up. So took batteries out of other meter still no good so went back to old meter to test. When I got home put some fresh batteries in tester then seemed ok.

Next time I used it could not do rcd test at one times tripping current meter stayed on 1/2 trip current at 1 times scale, although 5 times was ok. So have had to send back to di-log to get it repaired hopefully under warrenty. I used 9073 for about 3 years with no problems. I hope this is not going to be a regular thing, I keep my fingers crossed.

batty

My boys do a fair of PAT testing, from time to time.

Not sure how hard the Patting is though.

(Brutal sometimes)

Don

Where abouts in Wales, Mate? I'll have a chat with Don about sending his "Boys" around. :D
Newport, they are good people really. I guess they are snowed under with repairs at the moment.

Pam the receptionist is my fave, we always have a laugh we do.

Well just had the phonecall today, it has been repaired, a fuse & a VDR had blown.

The bill for replacing these

plus the expense of the hired one ????not funny :(
Do you know in the end I could not be ****d to hire one as my first wedding anniversary was fast approaching & if I didnt do something nice for Mrs Technical........ Well doesnt even bear thinking about. :_|

I know mate, it's been long enough.

As there has been no other work around I even worked via an agency at the local councils Materials reclamation facility. Just to pay the bills & keep my head above water.

No longer will I have to sift through so called recycling stuff like ****ty nappies & clinical waste including dirty needles. I am so so happy. :)