Old Fike Fire Output Unit Wiring

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky1958

Reaction score
Hello dear forum members,
This Fike Fire output unit sat in the middle of a couple of smoke alarms. 2 red cables went in but have been joined with connectors instead being connected to the board.
This unit probably was used to stop a fan spinning in case of fire.
Motor speed controller was burned, hence the bridging I suppose.
Has anyone a manual of this controller, wiring scheme and /or know the max A the relays can switch.
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• 20220815_195711[5585].jpg
    20220815_195711[5585].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220815_201756.jpg
    20220815_201756.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Isn't it written on the relay?? 10A/5A or am I missing something?
Thanks a lot, sometimes it's useful to look twice :oops:
I assume both red cables are connected each to the zone + /- earth connectors with microswitch in EOL off position
and fan controller connected to 5A NC
Thanks a lot, helped me a lot

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, sometimes it's useful to look twice :oops:
I assume both red cables are connected each to the zone + /- earth connectors with microswitch in EOL off position
and fan controller connected to 5A NC
Thanks a lot, helped me a lot
Do you have any idea, what these 24V and Fault connectors are for?

The output only unit you have appears to be obsolete, it has been replaced by the Fike input/output unit. These units have a Max switch rating of 2A
I suspect that although the relay is marked as 5A the PCB tracks can not carry 5A hence the 2A limit, I also suspect that is why your unit has been by passed (It failed in use)

There may also be compatibility problems with a new unit and the software version of the existing Fike fire panel. Fire alarms being a life safety system require the person working on them to have a good understanding of how they work, if you are happy then carry on, but I would suggest unless you feel 100% comfortable with it, I would pass it to a fire alarm company. (Not all fire alarm companies will touch Fike, as it does not have the best reputation)