On-Site-Guide ?? {more like OFF-SITE.. HID-AT-THE-RUDDY-PRINTERS-GUIDE!!}

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS - OUR auction site is in "Testing" stage at the moment. :)

Just out of curiosity how much is the on site guide going for?

Got mine today from waterstones, they ordered 10, but only had 6 delivered, maybe they are not expecting to sell many ???

I need to get down to my local waterstones and spend some money on some usefull books. Any recomendations?

Personally i would recommend

BS7671 Wiring Regulations,

On Site Guide

Guidance Note 3

Picked up a copy at Waterstones. They are not on the shelf yet, had to ask and lucky they did have one of three not already spoken for. Didn't seem to know when they would have more.

Hope they have got it right this time with the printing, very disappointing that the big book is

I have that book too. On page 27 thre's a fascinating experiment for testing the conductivity of tap water. All you need is a multimeter, a lightbulb, a bowl of tap water, few bits of wire.......................

:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D (it does recomend you wear a pair of rubber wellies tho wilst carrying out the experiment, for safety's sake;))

I have that book too. On page 27 thre's a fascinating experiment for testing the conductivity of tap water. All you need is a multimeter, a lightbulb, a bowl of tap water, few bits of wire....................... :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D (it does recomend you wear a pair of rubber wellies tho wilst carrying out the experiment, for safety's sake;))
SHHHHHH!

you are exposing my secret... X(

You will have the Admins getting me bared for Plagiarism if you are not careful!! :_| :_|

You didn't seriously think I wuz vat klever tuo fink ov a lectric sirkit did you! :p :p:| :(

Thanks for the reply. I will save up and get both both eventually.

Thanks for the reply. I will save up and get both both eventually.
If you`ve got (or are planning on) 2391, you`ll probably want GN3 first....

If a newbie, I`d get the guide to TIC first.

n.b. TLC do the guide to test, inspect & cert. (17th) for a tenner!!!!!