Outdoor lighting RF control systems

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm currently looking at using an RF these system to control security lighting on a large house using a combination of PIRs and remote switches without running huge cable runs acroos the garden. Current favourites are 'easyswitch' (on TLC) and 'Sensormech' system. Has anyone used either of these systems or an anyone recommend another system? Any tips or advice would be welcome.

Used tlc "easy switch" a few times now. Great for problem switching. Yes, its expensive-ish; but when compared to the time,disruption & cable costs, it can be a very financially viable option. Generally no problems, as long as you take a little care positioning the remote receiver

Compared to the cable runs I would have to put in and digging trenches it's very cost effective, especially given the length of runs would probably mean largish cable sizes etc etc. I was mostly concerned about reliability of systems, especially as new stuff tends to be a bit unreliable and doesn't quite do what it says on the tin!! :( Saves a hell of a lot of time calculating voltage drops aswell:) :) :)

Compared to the cable runs I would have to put in and digging trenches it's very cost effective, especially given the length of runs would probably mean largish cable sizes etc etc. I was mostly concerned about reliability of systems, especially as new stuff tends to be a bit unreliable and doesn't quite do what it says on the tin!! :( Saves a hell of a lot of time calculating voltage drops aswell:) :) :)
I`ve had zero problems; and the first one of these was installed approx. 2 years ago! As you say, can be VERY cost effective.

Easyswitch gets the thumbs up from me aswell.

Only ever had one problem of a transmitter going through batteries like they were going out of fashion, quick call to TLC & the unit was changed next day.

I've found the key fob is popular.