OV-G confirmation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
32 m is a long run, but the cable is capable of nearer 100m in 4mm with no problems.

I would push for 16mm, but (and I haven't checked the numbers) I had a customer with a long AC feed in undersized, for PV, cable to his barn. When I checked the calculations from basics it only worked at a few watts energy lost, certainly npt enough to cause issues. I that installation, we were  on 16mm SWA but with 10kWp of panels and a run of 130m.  

"Electrical Safety Officer"  sounds like an unqualified sparky to me  :slap

32 m is a long run, but the cable is capable of nearer 100m in 4mm with no problems.

I would push for 16mm, but (and I haven't checked the numbers) I had a customer with a long AC feed in undersized, for PV, cable to his barn. When I checked the calculations from basics it only worked at a few watts energy lost, certainly npt enough to cause issues. I that installation, we were  on 16mm SWA but with 10kWp of panels and a run of 130m.  

"Electrical Safety Officer"  sounds like an unqualified sparky to me  :slap
Thanks again nimbly. Will leave the dc cable alone and hold out for 16mm ac cable. Installers are now asking me To confirm the qualifications of the info I’ve quoted.... sure the dti, UKPN and NICEIC would be happy to provide this 😳 

wonder if I could apply as electrical safety officer if no qualifications needed 😂

Thanks again nimbly. Will leave the dc cable alone and hold out for 16mm ac cable. Installers are now asking me To confirm the qualifications of the info I’ve quoted.... sure the dti, UKPN and NICEIC would be happy to provide this 😳 

wonder if I could apply as electrical safety officer if no qualifications needed 😂

Fully qualified Electrician and Solar installer with nearly 1 miilion kWs of solar installed. 

all you need to know is not to lick your finger and stick it whre it will hurt  :slap .

This might be dead now, but Solis had a firmware issue where the inverter voltage detection went all to cock and loses its calibration. May need a FW update and adjustment in the settings. 

Latest posts