Part P consultation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are interested in the forthcoming Part P consultation you can read and respond to it .

Its online at:-

Consultations - Corporate - Department for Communities and Local Government

I started reading it but boredom was setting in but I was concerned with some of the proposals , namely to make it easier for what they call "DIY Electricians" to carry out work and issue certs to LBC .

I'll have another read of it tomorrow , we can respond before April 27.

Don't bother if you're Welsh ,its just the English it affects apparently and as U NO OO keeps telling us , it doesn't exist in Scotland.

I didn't see how to respond but it must be there somewhere.

If any Forumites have an opinion lets give it to 'em with both barrels.

The link won't appear in full for some reason , I've typed more than that. I'll try again in ordinary text.

3ws stop communities stop gov stop uk forward slash corporate/ publications/consultations/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just gave it a quick read. My concerns so far are: Question 3, Para 41b

To me, any electrician doing this would be taking over from Building Control. Checking at 1st and 2nd fix.

Who can guarentee being there when the customer demands it(no doubt with as little notification as possible), and no doubt going back several times after telling them what requires rectifying.

You'll be spending more time doing this, than doing actual electrical work, and for not a lot of money, if they say the fees will be coming down.

Just tried to fill in answers online but it wouldn't let me type in the answer boxes , so I printed it off.

Also notice on the page " Which box describes your organisation" out of 25 occupations "Electrician" would have to go under "Other" (please specify) headbang

Just tried to fill in answers online but it wouldn't let me type in the answer boxes , so I printed it off.Also notice on the page " Which box describes your organisation" out of 25 occupations "Electrician" would have to go under "Other" (please specify) headbang
That's the problem you see; Part P doesn't really affect electricians that much, it affects builders, plumbers, bathroom fitters, kitchen fitters, landscape gardeners, etc far more

We only have to pick the pieces up:(

Oh I forgot you're not Engl......erm.... well that you're a..... foreigner...ooo thats not right .... erm ...how do we address these people in a PC manner....are we allowed to actually say it ???..... you know ...the W word.... hey I'm digging myself a hole here ... hey look can I get you a council house and loads of benefits.

Hey you're talking to an Evans here ..a guy gets himself born over the border ...wheres my brother eh ! eh! in Llanymynech thats where ..only 2 vowels in that word .. but ..erm... ah I see what you mean... OMG!!!!!! I'm ENGLISH !!!!

No its not !!! The Welsh just change all the words to confuse the English , like Conwy , we know its Colwyn Bay !! :C And these great long ones are just silly ...bloomin' AberLlannddidlyiogogotaff ...we're not fooled !!
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Last edited by a moderator: