part p document

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

londonleccy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,I haven't really posted on here before but I have a quick question.

i'm trying to get all the paperwork together before applying to join NIC.Is the 2006 edition of part p the most recent document version as it is the only one Ican find to download

I have 2330,2391 and 16th but have mainly worked in industrial/commercial for the last few years,do you think approved contractor or DI would be the best way to go.I only have a few jobs to show due to only doing domestic work already under building control notice

cheers

by the way I'm not female as my profile shows.I,ll have to get that changed
And what's wrong with us females? Not that it matters to anyone here anyway :D

Hi everyone,I haven't really posted on here before but I have a quick question.i'm trying to get all the paperwork together before applying to join NIC.Is the 2006 edition of part p the most recent document version as it is the only one Ican find to download

I have 2330,2391 and 16th but have mainly worked in industrial/commercial for the last few years,do you think approved contractor or DI would be the best way to go.I only have a few jobs to show due to only doing domestic work already under building control notice

cheers
The 2006 copy part p document was the last one.

Batty

...Is the 2006 edition of part p the most recent document version as it is the only one Ican find to download
Yes, the green one with 'Coming into effect 6 April 2006' on the front cover.

...do you think approved contractor or DI would be the best way to go
possibly more work would come your way if you were an NICEIC or ECA Approved Contractor - I think many local councils use only NICEIC Approved Contractors, but am not sure.

by the way I'm not female as my profile shows.I,ll have to get that changed
And why did you feel you had to say that?! ?:|

Think 2006 is the latest version of part p. Done my assessment today and its the one I had n he didn't even want to see it. He wanted to see wiring regs, on site guide, health and safety policy (downloadable from niceic), instrument check sheet, complaints proceedure forms, insurance memo of guidance on erm wotsit called ... Blushing. Thet weren't bothered much about how many jobs I'd done just wanted to inspect the ones I'd put forward and get me to test them for the assessor

thanks for the replies everyone.

no reason for changing the female icon ,just an obsservation on my part;)