Pat Testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodger1

Reaction score
hi, I have my c&g 2377 pat testing although I have had no experience of testing in the real world. My company has just asked me to take on the responsibility of pat testing all the equipment on at head office and there different sites.

Can anyone give me any advice.

The thing that concerns me is testing the it equipment!!!

Thanks

In the offices that i sometimes do pat testing in we now only do a visual test on IT equipment ,as it is usually changed every few years, but its ok to test using a very low earth bond current.Sometimes there can be issues with high earth leakage reults causing a failure , so we have to up the earth leakage pass limit for these. It really depends on the model of tester that you use.

In the offices that i sometimes do pat testing in we now only do a visual test on IT equipment ,as it is usually changed every few years, but its ok to test using a very low earth bond current.Sometimes there can be issues with high earth leakage reults causing a failure , so we have to up the earth leakage pass limit for these. It really depends on the model of tester that you use.
Concur. A visual test, a 100mA Earth Bond test, NO INSULATION TEST, and a load test / Earth leakage test.

I do a full test of IT equipment every 4 years and an intermediate every year. I also use a cable tie to secure the power lead to the equipment so I don't have to test them as an additional item. :)

theb rules on pat testing are about to change. especially concerning sensitve equipment which doesn't like being 500v insulation tested therefore requires Alternative leakage test and or 250v insulation test.

Also any fixed equipment ie water heaters, electric heaters etc anything with a flexible cord needs to be at tested.