PAT Testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quirky

Reaction score
Did my 2377 today and although I passed I certainly don't think I would be competent enough to go out and test now without a bit of experience. The theory was easy enough but I kind of muddled my way through the practical. One thing I did find surprising was the tutor said it was absolutely fine to IR test a PC at 500v, I thought this would wreck it?

I think if I can get the chance to test a few more things I'll be a bit happier. Guinness

I'm glad I've done it as it's another qualification under my belt but I don't think i actually learned a great deal from it.

Most people take the mick out of this course, butm, as you pointed oput, its another qual under your belt so can't hurt can it?

I personally will be doing this course at the end of this month too.

fair play to you mate.

Well done

hi all i believe that some pat machines ir test with live and nuetral shorted together, then test to earth. this then does not go through the appliance. hope that helps:innocent

I'm glad I've done it as it's another qualification under my belt but I don't think i actually learned a great deal from it.
I think in the real world of work there are various qualifications that don't actually impart much knowledge onto the person attending the course..

BUT.. they do provide a formal record of some knowledge or experience you already have..

and therefore are very useful for prospective employers or customers to verify you are competent.

tis part of life..

pay to get a certificate to prove you can do something you already can do! :|