pir

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean mac

Reaction score
morning everyone,my mate who does pir testing has told me when goes round to domestic properties and finds the customer has a split load board he will be fitting rcbos for the lights on the main switch side.does he have to do this as its an existing install thanks in advance

morning everyone,my mate who does pir testing has told me when goes round to domestic properties and finds the customer has a split load board he will be fitting rcbos for the lights on the main switch side.does he have to do this as its an existing install thanks in advance
As has been said on many occasions (Regs are not retrospective) :p

as this is a pir then i would say No he does not have to do it. :)

If installing a new circuit or extending an old one (switch drops come to mind here) then Its a good solution..

Lack of RCD on 16th splis board is cat 4 - doesn't comly with 17th but does not need remedial work.

If more sparkies do this then maybe it'll drive down the cost of a RCBO! :^O

A pir is 'A periodic inspection and report' You should only be looking and testing, not carrying out any works.

A pir is 'A periodic inspection and report' You should only be looking and testing, not carrying out any works.
abso... Blomin... lootly, mr slips!

during a PIR.. you don't do any remedial work as the norm...

just report your observations & test results..

;)

IMO

the PIR can still be satisfactory without fitting RCBO's!!

Latest posts