plastic pipes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karlos

Reaction score
any information on bonding plastic pipe systems, i have an instalation which is fed in plastic goes to copper and changes to plastic under the floors

you only bond metal pipes that could have an earth potential (in direct contact with earth). why not go by 17th edition an install an RCD on the bathroom circuits then bonding is not an issue

craig

Hi Welshy.

On the second link, where it mentions 'inhibitor' in the water I presume they are refering to cental heating inhibitors that are added to the water?

Perhaps if we dispensed with copper and only used plastic, life might be a bit easier?

:D

you only bond metal pipes that could have an earth potential (in direct contact with earth). why not go by 17th edition an install an RCD on the bathroom circuits then bonding is not an issuecraig
Although Karlos stated bonding, it appears he is referring to the Main earth which would still be needed for the 17th edition, although maybe not in this circumstance.

Although Karlos stated bonding, it appears he is referring to the Main earth which would still be needed for the 17th edition, although maybe not in this circumstance.
NO such thing as a MAIN EARTH. (or do you have a secondary one also?)

do you mean the EARTHING conductor?

sorry to be pedantic, but thats one of the tings gets me wound up.

an earth is an earth,! only one, everything else is connected onto it, so its simply an earth conductor.

or is it a main bond?

which isnt needed if >70% of install is in plastic, including the incomer.

I can never remember the calc for this so i use 70% as a rule of thumb, no doubt someone will correct me. ; \ ; \

All I will tell you is this....... Bond, bond, bond and more bond, then bond some more.

You can never bond enough, cover every aspect you can think of, then bond some more.

Am I getting this accross yet?

All I will tell you is this....... Bond, bond, bond and more bond, then bond some more.You can never bond enough, cover every aspect you can think of, then bond some more.

Am I getting this accross yet?
until the 1st of July................