Plumber Strikes Again

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2 weeks ago, I did an EICR at this property.

I had no trouble accessing the CU and it even had a cover over the MCB's then.

Today I went back, to fit smoke, heat and CO alarms.  I was told I didn't need to fit a CO alarm in the utility room (where the CU is located) because the boiler that was in there was being removed.

Looks like the plumber has already been (sorry it's a lousy photograph)

View attachment 6132

The MCB cover has been discarded as it otherwise would not open.

It now seems if I want to get into the CU I have to first remove an expansion vessel.

Oh and the new tank has an immersion heater.  Strange I thought, it was a combi boiler before so there was no circuit for an immersion heater.  There still isn't a circuit for an immersion heater, so I followed the flex from it, and it plugs into a 13A socket behind the washing machine.  Oh and the immersion was turned on all the time with no way of the tenant even knowing how to turn it on and off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's been foggy the last couple of days but I didn't know it happened indoors as well. ;)

Yep that's a Proteus.  It was all in good order.  If you know these, the cover is held on with 4 push and quarter turn fixings one in each corner, now impossible to access.

It's a good job I did the EICR when I did.  If that had been on my list for today, I would have been calling the plumber.

I will be informing the landlord about the "problem" with the plumbing, but my guess is nothing will happen.

Yep that's a Proteus. It was all in good order. If you know these, the cover is held on with 4 push and quarter turn fixings one in each corner, now impossible to access.
yup am familiar with these one's see them a lot on housing asoc jobs sometimes with added arseydee protection.

He had the foresight to remove the door I suppose but he's ******** it up for any future sparky.

what is that he's trying to create some kind of modern art with tanks and pipes?

:)

It's a good job I did the EICR when I did.  If that had been on my list for today, I would have been calling the plumber.

I will be informing the landlord about the "problem" with the plumbing, but my guess is nothing will happen.
TBH,

I would issue a duplicate EICR, dated today, with my concerns following the work included, so I'm guessing an Unsatisfactory, and do it FOC! Just to f**k the ar****le plumber up.

TBH,

I would issue a duplicate EICR, dated today, with my concerns following the work included, so I'm guessing an Unsatisfactory, and do it FOC! Just to f**k the ar****le plumber up.
You mean put LIM in every box with the note "unable to gain access into consumer unit to test"

I'll bet the cover is never to be seen again.

Latest posts