Practical Test

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay_M

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got my practical test on Tuesday and I have to put up a one-way light with 3 sockets

I know the first socket from the light will be a 2-way, will the next one then be an intermediate with the last a 2-way, or is the other way round?

Help will be much appreciated

Thanks

I think you may be getting a little confused. The lighting circuit will not have any sockets. It may have multiple switching points, and is very common in domestics as two way switching, and common in long corridors were it could have intermediate switching.

If a light is one way, it can only be controlled from one point, the switch. If it is controlled by two switches, it is two way, because each switch can be operated independently from the other switch. If required we can add another switch, which will make the circuit two way with intermediate.

I think this is what you need to know.?

Yeah thanks, it is just one light, with 2 2-way switches and an intermediate

I was just confused when I'm actually installing the switches, I know the first switch is 2-way, is the next switch then intermediate then finishes with 2-way, or the other way round, if you know what I mean?