Pre order battery's

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Plyontech manual recommends the US5000 ( assuming you have one in the stack) is always the master, with other sizes ( or additional US5000s) as slaves via the linkport. I'm not sure if this is definitely the case if the US5000 is not the newest ??
I have 4* US5000 and a 6Kw Solis hybrid ( no solar as yet) They keep me less than a total 600wh peak usage all day, solely due to the algorithm adapting to changing step loads, with about 5KwH to spare daily even using electric heaters to some extent. I will be installing an 8Kw ASHP shortly and that might mean another US5000, but I think worth it, given that unless sub 7 degrees, it should provide 3Kws of heat per 1 Kw of cheap off peak and stored off peak electric. ( I am also on Go Octopus !!)

Last edited:
Just to add to the thread. Switching to octopus and doubling the size of the battery's to 9.6kw has made a massive difference to my electricity bill. The best day so far was last Friday where we used 14.2kwh during the 4 hour low rate. This Inc dishwasher, washing machine, charging the batteries. And baseload. The battery's went flat at 1145pm so all the day/evening usage was from the batterys at a cost of £2.19p Inc standing charge.

I've only been on octopus just over a month and 3 week with the addition battery so will update better figures when I have some

Btw.
The 14.2kwh with my old supplier EDF Inc std charge would have cost me £5.17p

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts