Preparing early !

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Had this call on the blower today

" Hi I'm calling from the local council & wondered as it's only six months away, if you would be interested in submitting a price to put up this years christmas lights in the town centre"

Talk about getting ready:^O

Anyway ....... never having done xmas lighting in the public steets any of you got any tips? :|

I would expect that the c/forms are in-situ already, just learn how to use a cherry-picker and string it all on catenery wire.

Job's as good as yours! (Unless the council want you to be CHAS registered)

Had this call on the blower today " Hi I'm calling from the local council & wondered as it's only six months away, if you would be interested in submitting a price to put up this years christmas lights in the town centre"

Anyway ....... never having done xmas lighting in the public steets any of you got any tips? :|
Christmas is six months away yes

the shops will be selling all their christmas stuff end of semptember

so i reckon early november for the lights for you m8 depending how long your high street is :^O :^O:^O:^O

If you do them see if they are light emmitting diodes, we do the xmas lights in the local town, and up until last year were like xmas tree lights right pain in the ****. :(

Had this call on the blower today " Hi I'm calling from the local council & wondered as it's only six months away, if you would be interested in submitting a price to put up this years christmas lights in the town centre"

hi m107 are you an approved niceic contractor

Some years back we agreed to festoon a Christmas tree on a traffic island in Brum, fed from library under the road. Didn't give the job much thought, library people mentioned tall steps.

Turns out to be a ginormous fir tree from Norway , we had hired a tower but it was really awkward, needed two towers really to drape the festoon all around. Hard to move the tower on grass. Various other sparks and builders who knew us, driving round the island shouting obsenities and generally taking the pee.