Price Required - Central Bucks

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian932

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We are pricing a job in the Central part of Buckinghamshire and we are looking for a registered electrician in the area to carry out some work for us on a Sub-contract basis. We need to get our price in by the 20/05/2013, at this stage it is a budget price, the client needs to see if the capital cost is going to give them the saving on his energy consumption. We will then have a further opportunity to visit site together and make sure it’s achievable at the rate you quote. However we need a realistic price based on the information below.

The job is to remove a conventional dial type room thermostat (54 in total) they have a live/neutral feed and a set of tails going to the electric UFH, the 25mm single gang box is to be removed and a custom back box installed in its place. The box is currently being designed but will be around 150x80x40 WxHxD the feed and tails will then connect to a custom PCB we are having made the lid of the enclosure will have a 25mm over hang to reduce the need to patch the wall. The walls are 7N single skin 4" block covered with browning and skim.

The price should allow for proper sheet up, clean up and removal of waste block and plaster, each room is around 3m x 3.5m and the thermostats are all positioned near the door into the room.

Grinders cannot be used, SDS chisels could be an option if the dust can be managed that's your call.

We are at tender stage and if we are successful we will be doing the work in July/Aug 2013 and there are two more sites like this, which may get done if this works out.

You must be with a registered body and we prefer NICEIC but its not essential, must have minimum of PL of £2,000,000, If you want to do this a Spark and labourer that’s okay as long as there is at least one sparky on site.

If you need any more details please PM me or email me direct [email protected] or phone 07908 632387.

Cheers

Ian

No takers?

I would do it myself but we have to much on up here and can only spare the time to go down to programme the automation once all the new wireless stats are fitted, I reckon Noz ain't far wrong on the time.

I would do it, but a bit far for me,

unless you want me to include the beer factor in my price, but they may make it unviable for you..........
Cheers Steptoe I think I'll take a rain check that one the prospect of your beer bill is scaring me unless you drink virtual beer Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness

Well 2 hours is a bit fine in my opinion.

You have the hassle factor of each dwelling, setting up, then clear out, then set up again.

Making good, 2nd Fix, Program etc.

I would think £100 per unit more like it.

Well 2 hours is a bit fine in my opinion.

You have the hassle factor of each dwelling, setting up, then clear out, then set up again.

Making good, 2nd Fix, Program etc.

I would think £100 per unit more like it.
Spits his tea out over his screen!!! The programming is not in the scope that is our scope, the job is only the same as changing a single socket to a double, a job I think most of us can do in Mrs Smiths house well within 2hrs without getting to much dust on her Crown Derby and having copious amounts of tea and biscuits, in fact it should be easier than that as the box we are having made has a 25mm over lap on the lid to cover mishaps and if need be could be made bigger. The building is only 20 years so the chances of huge chunks coming off the wall is slim and this can be covered by a making good clause in our bid.

I also highlighted this is budget cost and that a site visit would be arranged if we were to get the job at which point the budget price could be agreed or disagreed.

Probably not for you Steve being in Wiltshire.

I think Batty is probably the best bet for this - and you don`t want Albert`s beer bill any more than you would want my fuel ( plus beer) bill....... :slap

MB - worth a look, do you think?

Spits his tea out over his screen!!! The programming is not in the scope that is our scope, the job is only the same as changing a single socket to a double, a job I think most of us can do in Mrs Smiths house well within 2hrs without getting to much dust on her Crown Derby and having copious amounts of tea and biscuits, in fact it should be easier than that as the box we are having made has a 25mm over lap on the lid to cover mishaps and if need be could be made bigger. The building is only 20 years so the chances of huge chunks coming off the wall is slim and this can be covered by a making good clause in our bid.

I also highlighted this is budget cost and that a site visit would be arranged if we were to get the job at which point the budget price could be agreed or disagreed.

Probably not for you Steve being in Wiltshire.
OK no programming, but £100 per unit is about right for 2 hrs work, on site, plus travel, plus accommodation, plus fuel, plus expenses, so I may be a bit expensive for you too!

OK no programming, but £100 per unit is about right for 2 hrs work, on site, plus travel, plus accommodation, plus fuel, plus expenses, so I may be a bit expensive for you too!
That's why I asked for LOCAL to avoid these prices!

any houses off ill-repute near the job?

does the client have a tab?

TBH, I could do with a break from my everyday s*** , and am really considering trying to break away from the subby stuff,

but, I need a good puller for it to totally make my mind up.

What is a budget price?

Is that a low price for happy shopper quality work.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if the price is right we go anywhere. :)

Just a little trip down to Portsmouth today, as the price was right. :)
Well I'm not here to tell anyone what price to put in we are all big boy's :D   I thought there was enough info there and a caveat that after a site survey we can talk. I'd be happy to receive a price from anyone, but I know where I would pitch it if it were on my doorstep.

I posted it to let a local installer have a shot at some work in their backyard as its a win win for us both, it would keep my price competitive using a local workforce and allow me to win the automation order.

Starting to look like I'm going to have to go through the NICEIC register!

So would you have access to enough rooms to get a full day in? 3 mtr x 3.5mtr is a very small room are they full of furniture? I would assume they have furniture as you say they need sheeting. By 7n I assume you mean they are dense concrete blocks so I personally without looking at the job would allow 3 hours to do each stat.  I would estimate you are looking at between £100 to £130 to do each stat  but personally would never price a job like this without seeing it.

[SIZE=10pt]Grade of Concrete[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Minimum compressive strength N/mm2 at 7 days[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Specified characteristic compressive strength (N/mm2) at 28 days[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]M15[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]10[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]15[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]M20[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]13.5[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]20[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]M25[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]17[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]25[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]M30[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]20[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]30[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]M35[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]23.5[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]35[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]M40[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]27[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]40[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]M45[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]30[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]45[/SIZE]​

From this I can say that at 7N its probably manageable with a screwdriver!