Price Required - Central Bucks

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im assuming its a standard breeze block,

then again,

the term breeze block to me seems to mean a load of different things to English people,,,,,,,,   :C

Im assuming its a standard breeze block,

then again,

the term breeze block to me seems to mean a load of different things to English people,,,,,,,,   :C
Breeze block is a cinder block which a mix of ash and concrete, sometimes called a clinker, they are less dense than a 7N. You then get your real light weight ones like thermolite insulated blocks which are a dream to chop into. Clinkers are a pain when you want to mark the back box holes cus they are dark and speckled and you can't see your pencil marks!

There is some Breeze block that is softer than that Oasis green block stuff that flower arrangers use to poke the stalks of the daffs, roses, fern stalks and tulips into!!!

Never know how the heck it holds a ruddy house up!!!..

but IMHO Battys link is the sort of brick referred to here.

Guinness

Last edited by a moderator:
Breeze block is a cinder block which a mix of ash and concrete, sometimes called a clinker, they are less dense than a 7N. You then get your real light weight ones like thermolite insulated blocks which are a dream to chop into. Clinkers are a pain when you want to mark the back box holes cus they are dark and speckled and you can't see your pencil marks!
ah, see, my idea of a breeze block is just a smaller version of a farmers friend, if you know what they are,

not bad chasing them when they are fresh/couple of months old, but a total frickin nightmare after a year or 2 and they have dried out/completely cured.

So Ian, the stats are all in 1 property, and accessible at same time???  The work consists of enlarging a back box and installing new gear which is designed to hide likely scars from whacking wall. On the basis that this is no  more than jumping from one room to the next without any agrrovation, lack no access to room, then this could easily be done, including cleaning, in under an  hour. So we looking at hourly rate £25-30. Any access issues would jump that up to something more like £50 for time wasting. Would do this job with hoover, and hammer and chisel - avoiding blowing dust around, having pre-drilled corners and edges of cut-out.   Doddle!

So Ian, the stats are all in 1 property, and accessible at same time???  The work consists of enlarging a back box and installing new gear which is designed to hide likely scars from whacking wall. On the basis that this is no  more than jumping from one room to the next without any agrrovation, lack no access to room, then this could easily be done, including cleaning, in under an  hour. So we looking at hourly rate £25-30. Any access issues would jump that up to something more like £50 for time wasting. Would do this job with hoover, and hammer and chisel - avoiding blowing dust around, having pre-drilled corners and edges of cut-out.   Doddle!
1st sensible estimate :) :)  that's what I had in my mind, yes 18 rooms per floor off corridor 18 and 3 floors, access is not going to be an issue finish one room straight in to the next bish bash bosh.

Its not a hotel, there could be nurses though
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

a 7n block is very dense, you would have to be hitting that hard and a single 4 inch skin, would require a fairly careful approach rather than gun ho.  Out of interest how deep are the boxes?

Also what are you installing to save money? 

I think battys £25-30 is very fair.  Could also be ok earner for him too if all goes well.    

Wozz, we are fitting a Control4 thermostat with a custom interface allowing full control of the system via IP or 3G

If its nurses

£9.99 per room
yeah id pay £9.99 per room , bargain , the local girls charge lots more ha,ha,ha

Hi Guys,

We are pricing a job in the Central part of Buckinghamshire and we are looking for a registered electrician in the area to carry out some work for us on a Sub-contract basis. We need to get our price in by the 20/05/2013, at this stage it is a budget price, the client needs to see if the capital cost is going to give them the saving on his energy consumption. We will then have a further opportunity to visit site together and make sure it’s achievable at the rate you quote. However we need a realistic price based on the information below.

The job is to remove a conventional dial type room thermostat (54 in total) they have a live/neutral feed and a set of tails going to the electric UFH, the 25mm single gang box is to be removed and a custom back box installed in its place. The box is currently being designed but will be around 150x80x40 WxHxD the feed and tails will then connect to a custom PCB we are having made the lid of the enclosure will have a 25mm over hang to reduce the need to patch the wall. The walls are 7N single skin 4" block covered with browning and skim.

The price should allow for proper sheet up, clean up and removal of waste block and plaster, each room is around 3m x 3.5m and the thermostats are all positioned near the door into the room.

Grinders cannot be used, SDS chisels could be an option if the dust can be managed that's your call.

We are at tender stage and if we are successful we will be doing the work in July/Aug 2013 and there are two more sites like this, which may get done if this works out.

You must be with a registered body and we prefer NICEIC but its not essential, must have minimum of PL of £2,000,000, If you want to do this a Spark and labourer that’s okay as long as there is at least one sparky on site.

If you need any more details please PM me or email me direct [email protected] or phone 07908 632387.

Cheers

Ian
so did you find somebody to do you work ?

how long did it take for each unit , was it as estimated ?

what did you end up paying in the end ?