Pricing site

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

ian932

Reaction score
Guys and gals, found this little site it tracks real costs posted by punters and gives average prices for jobs done.

Its also got other trades on it to.

I have a cunning plan Mr blackadder if we all post a big fat price for some job category's on here we can massage the market price B-)

Whhhhhaaatt?? The banks do it your honour its called insider trading.

Admin1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
We'd never get those prices down here.

I have have seen that site somewhere before.

Reaction score
One of our members has provided me with some "blow-by blow" time costs for routine works.I will get it onto the forum shortly - sadly we`ve got a bereavement in the family :(

Please bear with me.

KME
Sorry to hear that M8! :|

Not good......Never a good time for the one thing that catches up with all of us eventually:( :(

thinking of you bud:x:x

Reaction score
Thanks all:x

BlessPray. The Mum-in-law was 85, and wasn`t doing that well recently......

But - as the designated "red tape expert", I`ve been on the phone all day, cancelling this, that and t`other; registering the death, and:

Worth a good chuckle :

BT - acct in MIL`s name. I phone up to transfer acct to FIL - as you would.

I get this "foreign" woman, in some indian call centre or something:

KME: " Good morning. I`m calling you regarding a customer who has passed away, and I need the account transferred to another name"

BT: "Okay. flobbelobbelob." (Whatever she said, I didn`t quite understand!). Then she says

" I need to go through the security questions. Can you put Mrs xxxx on the `phone?"

WTF!!!!!!!!!

"Erm.....No. She died yesterday, Eh? That would be the sole reason for my call today, yes?"

"Oh. I didn`t understand, its a bad line. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!" They hung up on me!!!!!!!!

Oh, how we all laughed. :^O :^O:^O

When I finished cussing X(X( X(

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss

You'd think the utility companies would be used to this sort of thing. When my grandma died we moved the electricity account into my mums name and she was paying the bills but at the same time they were sending red reminders to my dead grandma! For the same electricity.

FFS!

Reaction score
Grrrrrrrr.

Yet, must say British gas were examplary :) :) :) Very pleasant, apologetic staff. Almost made it a pleasure to deal with `em..

Anyroad - I`m off now. Got to work tomorrow, then drive up to Manchester & back.

See you all soon. Thanks for the wishes - I`ll pass `em on to mrs. KME tomorrow, who`ll blow you a big kiss.

Savour it, they don`t appear often.

:xKME:x

Admin1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Mr & Mrs KME... Sorry for your loss. :(