Printer help (colour)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a2

Former Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that when i print photos there is a tint of green in them.

Does anyone know how i can stop this, please?

Printer is an Epson Stylus Photo RX425.

Thank you.

Incorrect or missing colors

Try one or more of these solutions:

* When Draft is selected as the Quality Option setting on the printer driver's Main menu (Windows), as the Print Quality setting in the Advanced dialog box (Mac OS 9), or as the Print Quality setting in the Print dialog box under Print Settings (Mac OS X), other colors of ink are mixed with black ink to create the printout even if printing a black and white document. If you are not satisfied with the print results, please select an option other than Draft.

* Change the Color setting in the printer software to Color.

* Adjust the color settings in your application or in the printer software's Advanced dialog box.

* Run the Head Cleaning utility. If colors are still incorrect or missing, replace the color ink cartridge. If the problem persists, replace the black ink cartridge.

* Do not use ink cartridges beyond the expiration data printed on the cartridge package. Also, if this product has not been used for a long time, replace the ink cartridges.

Mrs Admin

What paper are you using. Maybe you have the wrong paper set up in preferences. Does it print ok on other paper.

Batty

Incorrect or missing colorsTry one or more of these solutions:

* When Draft is selected as the Quality Option setting on the printer driver's Main menu (Windows), as the Print Quality setting in the Advanced dialog box (Mac OS 9), or as the Print Quality setting in the Print dialog box under Print Settings (Mac OS X), other colors of ink are mixed with black ink to create the printout even if printing a black and white document. If you are not satisfied with the print results, please select an option other than Draft.

* Change the Color setting in the printer software to Color.

* Adjust the color settings in your application or in the printer software's Advanced dialog box.

* Run the Head Cleaning utility. If colors are still incorrect or missing, replace the color ink cartridge. If the problem persists, replace the black ink cartridge.

* Do not use ink cartridges beyond the expiration data printed on the cartridge package. Also, if this product has not been used for a long time, replace the ink cartridges.
Thanks for that,

Ive tried printing it out on plain paper and photo paper, and used the selections draft, text, photo and best photo and thery are all green tinted, altho best photo and photo paper is slightly better but still very green.

Colour setting is on.

Tried adjusting the colour.

cleaned the heads a few times.

And the ink cartridges are new ones, which have just been put in.

Mrs AdminWhat paper are you using. Maybe you have the wrong paper set up in preferences. Does it print ok on other paper.

Batty
Batty as said above ive tried both plain and photo paper, on various selections and its still the same. :(

Ive re ajusted the colour in the advanced colour management bit, it was on colour control with 1.8 gamma selected????

I changed it to PhotoEnhance and it has made a big difference, but its still green:(

Any more help would be great.

:x

Yes. I bought them in bulk load like I always do - from the same supplier.

I must have had a bad one within that batch. :_|

I will change them Later and clean the heads too.

Admin.

Thats the trouble with non standard inks, much as everybody insists they are no different to the manufacturer ink - they are.I take it you have the reset tool for when your printer decides it has come to the end of it's useful life?

If not, get it from SSC Service Utility for Epson Stylus Printer.
i take it you mean a hammer then :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O