Problem after connecting batterys. AC Overcurrent.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy1733

Reaction score
Hi all. I've received the leads today to connect the pylontec battery's to my solis 5g hybrid inverter.

Batters went in ok. When I fired them up the green lights came on slow flashing which the Manual said stand by mode. I went into the advanced setting and activated the battery's as it was turned off after sending constant emails saying battery not present.

After activating the the battery's started to charge as they should. About 30 seconds later I got a alarm saying.
AC Overcurrent and I noticed the panels were only charging the batterys. Power to the house was drawing off the grid.
I've looked through the settings and cant see which settings I could possibly change
I've narrowed the alarm down to the back up side of the AC. If I turn this off the alarm goes away though it doesn't change where the draw is from. Of I turn on the AC back up then the alarm activated and turns off the DC feed from the panels
I'm presuming it's a setting. Can anyone point me in the right direction

Attachments

• 1659021193970..jpg
    1659021193970..jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1659021225129..jpg
    1659021225129..jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 0
Yes m8. I went through all the manufacturer to see if I had missed one. It's listed as pylon vr.

Thanks Binky I've sorted it m8.
I decided to download the 37 page manual and have a long read now I was familiar with the interface... I would go through every setting to make sure it's set as it should be. What I found is, I didn't realise that the section on "mode" needed the 4 options to be set at specific modes (ON. Off. Ratings ect). I presumed you went to the one you needed and it auto switched over. I didn't know I had to manually turn off the other setting
I'm trying to recall the 4 mode which are.
"Off grid".
"Self use".
"Back up".
"Return use" (can't remember this ones name)

My factory settings were on back up. After reading the manual it said after battery installation you need self use so I switched that on. Nothing happened so I decided to try the off grid. That's when it was charging battery's but no load (only from grid). So technically I had it trying to run in 3 different modes.

Thanks Binky I've sorted it m8.
I decided to download the 37 page manual and have a long read now I was familiar with the interface... I would go through every setting to make sure it's set as it should be. What I found is, I didn't realise that the section on "mode" needed the 4 options to be set at specific modes (ON. Off. Ratings ect). I presumed you went to the one you needed and it auto switched over. I didn't know I had to manually turn off the other setting
I'm trying to recall the 4 mode which are.
"Off grid".
"Self use".
"Back up".
"Return use" (can't remember this ones name)

My factory settings were on back up. After reading the manual it said after battery installation you need self use so I switched that on. Nothing happened so I decided to try the off grid. That's when it was charging battery's but no load (only from grid). So technically I had it trying to run in 3 different modes.
You would think it would be sent out as self use. Glad have it sorted.

Latest posts